User forums > Nightly builds

The 13 December 2020 build (12240) is out.

<< < (4/7) > >>

gh_origin:

--- Quote from: omlk on December 14, 2020, 02:40:18 pm ---Okay, I'll explain why I don't think gcc,g++ 10 is used. Because http://sourceforge.net only has the latest buggy version 8.1.0. If the development team used to get the build C::B Linux, it would have long been used gcc,g++ 10, as well as the impression that builds in Windows.If my guess is wrong, please tell me exactly where I went wrong.

--- End quote ---

The CodeBlocks projects used to use TDM GCC before it was abandoned. They just switched to MinGW64 for the last release.
Now TDM GCC is back. It's nothing wrong for them to switching back to it again:

https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/download/

Your reasons was wrong. I would say they should switch to MSYS2 because of CCLS and their future dependence of LSP.

gh_origin:

--- Quote from: omlk on December 14, 2020, 03:12:17 pm ---I wasn't going to troll you or waste your precious time on nonsense.

--- End quote ---

I don't think you are trolling, too. You are just annoying and it takes energy to address your wrong statements so I just try my best to avoid talking with you.

But this is the last time I use CodeBlocks so it's no longer a problem for me.

I no longer have to teach Programming anymore. I'm back teaching Elementary Math only.

They hired a new teacher to teach Programming for the students and he switched to VSCode, as I and my students have done all of the cleaning job so the sample code no longer depends on any Borland specific features and compile cleanly under TDM GCC 9.2 and Clang 11 with -std=gnu++98 now. It's a bit sad that the code still not yet conforms to C++11.

Bye everyone. And good luck to you all with your new adventure with LSP and CCLS.

stahta01:

--- Quote from: gh_origin on December 14, 2020, 04:06:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: stahta01 on December 14, 2020, 06:33:30 am ---I have tried off and on to get the CB configure/make method of build to work under MSys2 and I have failed!
I am now using edited CB Projects to build CB under MSys2 and it works reasonably well.

Tim S.

--- End quote ---

The problem is with make. Not MinGW! This is why you could use MSYS2's MinGW to build CodeBlocks using CodeBlocks successfully.
Please note that mingw32-make's Makefiles and make's Makefiles are incompatible.
I think you should regenerate it using autoconf -i -f and try again.
This is the reason why CodeLite has 'CodeLite Makefile Generator' and 'CodeLite Makefile Generator - UNIX'.
I always hope someday CodeBlocks could have the Makefile generator ability of CodeLite.
CodeLite also supports cmake. But I don't use cmake, so I don't care.

--- End quote ---

I use MSys2 all the time! Have you even once created an MSys2 package?

I am going to write you off as someone who knows little about what they post; till you list for me the packages in MSys2 you have contributed to!

Tim S.

killerbot:

--- Quote from: stahta01 on December 13, 2020, 11:16:44 am ---
--- Quote from: killerbot on December 13, 2020, 10:43:55 am --- new PATCHED wx dll , please download these too and replace your old ones !!!

--- End quote ---

The wxWidgets DLL on the download link was the same as the one I downloaded with the last nightly.
Is the link wrong?

Tim S.

--- End quote ---

no, but I repeat this some time, since not everybody see every nightly. Wil ltry to do a better job on this and on the next nightly remove it.

eckard_klotz:
Dear Code::Blocks Developers.

I still face that the symbol-browser is not available in the nightly.

Thus I rebuild Code::Blocks base on the patch http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,23580.60.html from Miguel Gimenez http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?action=profile;u=34306 by my self.

I have done the same since the symbol-browser was disabled but I never faced issues with it.

* From my point of view a symbol-browser is an essential part of an IDE like Code::Blocks.
* Thus I like to ask you to integrate it again with the nightly build.
* In the case that some users still face issues with it, you may deactivate it by default and add a warning visible when the user is activating it.
* This way the single user could decide, if symbol-browser becomes active or not.

I wish you and all C::B users a marry Christmas and a happy new year.

Take care about you and stay healthy,
                                                       Eckard Klotz.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version