User forums > Nightly builds

The 13 December 2020 build (12240) is out.

<< < (3/7) > >>

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: omlk on December 14, 2020, 10:38:47 am ---Pay attention!
-fcommon

https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-10/changes.html

--- End quote ---
Why should we care about a C only flag?
You continue to be trolling.

p.s. You can use GCC 10 for your projects. You're not obliged to use the compiler we use. You have to use the same compiler if you want to do binary C::B plugins.

omlk:

--- Quote from: stahta01 on December 14, 2020, 12:20:17 pm ---Please think! The CB Team can already use a newer GCC 10 Compiler without using MSys2.

Tim S.

--- End quote ---

Okay, I'll explain why I don't think gcc,g++ 10 is used. Because http://sourceforge.net only has the latest buggy version 8.1.0. If the development team used to get the build C::B Linux, it would have long been used gcc,g++ 10, as well as the impression that builds in Windows.If my guess is wrong, please tell me exactly where I went wrong.

omlk:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on December 14, 2020, 12:47:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: omlk on December 14, 2020, 10:32:02 am ---А step into the future.  ;)

--- End quote ---
Ok, you can troll and waste our time, but what else would we gain?
Is GCC 10 faster to build?
Does it produce faster binaries?
Does it actually work? :)

--- End quote ---

I wasn't going to troll you or waste your precious time on nonsense.

gh_origin:

--- Quote from: stahta01 on December 14, 2020, 06:33:30 am ---I have tried off and on to get the CB configure/make method of build to work under MSys2 and I have failed!
I am now using edited CB Projects to build CB under MSys2 and it works reasonably well.

Tim S.

--- End quote ---

The problem is with make. Not MinGW! This is why you could use MSYS2's MinGW to build CodeBlocks using CodeBlocks successfully.
Please note that mingw32-make's Makefiles and make's Makefiles are incompatible.
I think you should regenerate it using autoconf -i -f and try again.
This is the reason why CodeLite has 'CodeLite Makefile Generator' and 'CodeLite Makefile Generator - UNIX'.
I always hope someday CodeBlocks could have the Makefile generator ability of CodeLite.
CodeLite also supports cmake. But I don't use cmake, so I don't care.

gh_origin:

--- Quote from: stahta01 on December 14, 2020, 12:20:17 pm ---Please think! The CB Team can already use a newer GCC 10 Compiler without using MSys2.

Tim S.

--- End quote ---

I don't think so. If I recall it right, CodeBlocks need CXXFLAGS='-fpermissive' when building with higher GCC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version