Author Topic: an easy cpp language-server-protocol client(C++)  (Read 44884 times)

Offline gh_origin

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: an easy cpp language-server-protocol client(C++)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2020, 04:00:21 pm »
@gh_origin: I don't understand why you whine so much about some future C::B change based on 10 minute experience with another program. Calm down please. Also given you don't work on massive projects clangd would be quite an improvement for the "hello world" student type of projects. Especially if you pair clangd with clang and not gcc/mingw.

Also suggesting some other ways to do it doesn't help. Given the amount of work needed to do them is higher than LSP client. Also nothing stops anyone from porting the current CC to be a LSP server. Read this https://langserver.org/ for the idea behind LSP.

Please pardon me for my stupidity but why don't just copy JuCiPP's code? It's all open source after all.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2020, 05:18:58 pm »
Which language does CodeBlocks being IDE for? C/C++.
Unless you want to be both an JavaScript, NodeJS and PHP IDE as CodeLite.
Rust...

Please pardon me for my stupidity but why don't just copy JuCiPP's code? It's all open source after all.
Because I don't want to do it.
There is a phase in the product development called maintenance. It is quite annoying and time consuming part and we have enough to do.
Going against the industry for a small team/project is not a good idea.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline gh_origin

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2020, 08:54:53 am »
Which language does CodeBlocks being IDE for? C/C++.
Unless you want to be both an JavaScript, NodeJS and PHP IDE as CodeLite.
Rust...

Because I don't want to do it.
There is a phase in the product development called maintenance. It is quite annoying and time consuming part and we have enough to do.
Going against the industry for a small team/project is not a good idea.

It's sad but you are right. Even Eclipse CDT now is going for Clangd. LSP is indeed the future of code completion  :(

Offline gh_origin

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2020, 09:12:14 am »
I don't know why but I have much less troubles using CodeBlocks on Linux. CodeLite, too. It code completion basically works on Linux. I have no idea why CodeLite's code completion not work on Windows. So my first bad impression of LSP with CodeLite on Windows was wrong.

Maybe Linux is just a better C++ development environment than Windows. I'm working with my personal project for fun with CodeBlocks on Linux  :)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2021, 03:46:32 pm »
Hello, it is about one year later.

Is there any progress about this plugin?

Are there any open public code we can try it?

Thanks.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2021, 01:42:21 am »
Hello, it is about one year later.

Is there any progress about this plugin?

Are there any open public code we can try it?

Thanks.

I have a CodeBlocks clangd_client plugin working with LLVM v13 and using it every day. It took awhile to convert all the CodeCompletion plugins freatures to use clangd (LSP).

As soon as I clean out all the dead , debugging and experimental code, I'll create a publlic repository.