User forums > Using Code::Blocks

C::B Workspace/project to cmake or premake?

<< < (2/5) > >>

oBFusCATed:
Search for cb2make.

stahta01:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on December 18, 2020, 08:33:10 pm ---Search for cb2make.

--- End quote ---

cbp2make if I recall correctly

oBFusCATed:
Yes, my mistake.

cacb:

--- Quote from: alexchen on December 18, 2020, 07:37:49 pm ---I remember seeing older version of CB that offers an option to export the project to Makefile.  Do I remember it wrong?
--- End quote ---
cbp2make should be available in your current installation, at least it is in mine. It may do what you want, but I never quite figured it out 100%

If I get the required time and inspiration I may try to prototype C::B to CMake or premake and see what happens. In my mind the C::B build system serves a different purpose (developer build system) compared to CMake or premake (deployment build system), so to me it makes sense to try. Even if it didn't work for all projects it might be useful.

oBFusCATed:
@cacb:
CMake already supports Code::Blocks. With cmake it is the other way round - you write the build system and you get the project files. Generating cmake files from cbp files doesn't make too much sense. Also given the specifics of cmake it might be really hard task to do (cmake has some policies, which a cbp workspace might not follow and then it would be really hard to do the mapping).

There is a thing called cmake-server, but it seems deprecated O_O...
So now there is this https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/cmake-file-api.7.html#manual:cmake-file-api(7)
Probably support for it might be more useful.

Meson is another build system which works similarly to cmake. And there the idea is to do an introspection of it (there is an api).

p.s. I plan in the distant future to make a ninja-build generator...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version