Author Topic: IncrementalSearch toolbar always resets its position  (Read 4509 times)

Offline ZsoltKant

• Single posting newcomer
IncrementalSearch toolbar always resets its position
« on: November 06, 2020, 03:18:18 am »
Hello!

I'm using the latest C::B v20.03 64-bit on Win7 64-bit
The problem is with the IncrementalSearch toolbar plugin.
I place somewhere along with the other toolbars, I save the current perspective, but when I close and open C::B again the IncrementalSearch toolbar position is reset and moved to the left upper part of the main C::B window (screenshot attached).
Other toolbars retain they position.
Please help, why doesn't remember this plugin its position?

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: IncrementalSearch toolbar always resets its position
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 08:15:48 am »
Are you trying to put it near the right margin with the window maximized?.

Please look if it is completely shown when you don't maximize the window. If not, then the problem is related with ticket https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/1015/. One workaround is making the non-maximized window as wide as possible before maximizing.

Offline ZsoltKant

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 12:03:22 pm »
Are you trying to put it near the right margin with the window maximized?.

Yes I'm trying to put near the right margin while the window is maximized.

I read the ticket and my experience is similar.
If I don't maximize the window, the toolbar will remain at the position where I placed it (as it should behave in fact).

Unfortunately your proposed workaround does not works in my case.
I make the C::B window as wide as I can. I place the toolbar near the right margin, and I save the perspective.
I maximize the window and close. When I reopen C::B, the window is maximized and the toolbar is not where I placed it.
If I double click the window title bar I can see that the non-maximized window size was reset (the dimension widened by me were not saved) and the toolbar does not fit in the reseted window size.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:07:02 pm by ZsoltKant »

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 12:24:23 pm »
You can select View -> Perspectives -> Code::Blocks default after starting, but you will need to do this every time.

The ticket is in progress, if the issue gets fixed then a future nightly will be the solution for you.

Offline ZsoltKant

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 12:47:57 pm »
You can select View -> Perspectives -> Code::Blocks default after starting, but you will need to do this every time.

The ticket is in progress, if the issue gets fixed then a future nightly will be the solution for you.

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, actually I do set default perspective every time I start C::B