Author Topic: Feature request & Bug Report  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Trikko

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • e-nuts.net
Feature request & Bug Report
« on: February 20, 2006, 08:44:36 pm »
I'm setting up nightly codeblocks. I want to make a template project for me to use wxWidgets changing compiler on the fly.

On the project i add a macro WXDIR with c:\dev\lib\wxWidgets-2.6.3 as value.
Then i set $(WXDIR)\include for compiler dir.

For linker it depends on compiler. WxWidgets use a subdir of \lib called f.e. vc_lib dmc_lib wat_lib...
So i set a global compiler var called COMP for each compiler (Digital Mars: COMP = dmc for example).
Then to project linker dir i add $(WXDIR)\lib\$(COMP)_lib and to include dir:

$(WXDIR)\lib\$(COMP)_lib\msw for release
$(WXDIR)\lib\$(COMP)_lib\mswd for debug

But it seems that global compiler vars are not visible from project settings. Could you please make they visible?

(with nightly build i have a bug: every time i start a new project it show me a message box complain about mingw32-g++ and a tmp file. NOTE: i haven't mingw installed on this machine.). Bug log is:

20.33.09: Execution of command 'mingw32-g++.exe -v -E -x c++ C:\DOCUME~1\Andrea\IMPOST~1\Temp\Dum128.tmp' failed (error 2: impossibile trovare il file specificato.)

The italian part means "File not found".

A. Fontana
A. Fontana
My homepage
Do you need custom software? Do you want to work as freelancer?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Feature request & Bug Report
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 08:57:14 pm »
So i set a global compiler var called COMP for each compiler (Digital Mars: COMP = dmc for example).
Then to project linker dir i add $(WXDIR)\lib\$(COMP)_lib and to include dir:

$(WXDIR)\lib\$(COMP)_lib\msw for release
$(WXDIR)\lib\$(COMP)_lib\mswd for debug

But it seems that global compiler vars are not visible from project settings. Could you please make they visible?
They are. You're not using a global compiler variable. Use this:
Code
$(WXDIR)\lib\$(#COMP)_lib\msw for release
$(WXDIR)\lib\$(#COMP)_lib\mswd for debug

Reference: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Global_compiler_variables
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Trikko

• e-nuts.net
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 10:14:48 pm »
Whops... I mean a variable in "Global Compiler Settings" it's a custom variable of current compiler... if i use $(#comp) it ask me for a global variable, i think it is not active-compiler dependent...
A. Fontana
My homepage

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 10:23:24 pm »
Hmm, just tried that, and it seems that per-compiler customvars are really not honoured per-project. :(

Will look into that tomorrow.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Trikko

• e-nuts.net
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 10:28:27 pm »
Hmm, just tried that, and it seems that per-compiler customvars are really not honoured per-project. :(

Will look into that tomorrow.

Thanks i think it could be a good feature for my multicompiler wxTemplate. By the way i've just replaced $(WXDIR)\include with $(#WX.include) and similar :)

A. Fontana
A. Fontana
My homepage

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 10:39:04 pm »
You might manage to get the job done with scripting, too. Unluckily there is to date no documentation available on this issue, except the information here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=2078.msg16329#msg16329