Author Topic: Ogre template  (Read 13909 times)

Offline Insubordinate

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Dunghill Entertainment
Ogre template
« on: April 19, 2005, 02:48:30 am »
Hi, first of all, thanks for your instructions on how to get Ogre working in Code::Blocks/MinGW on the Ogre forum.

I have now created a Code::Blocks template for Ogre projects which may be useful:
www.insubordinate.esenet.dk/files/ogre-cb-template.zip
Unpack this into C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\share\CodeBlocks\templates (or where ever Code::Blocks is installed)

You need to copy the folowing files to the root of the project directory youself:

C:\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Release\d3dx9d.dll
C:\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Release\IL.dll
C:\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Release\ILU.dll
C:\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Release\libfreetype-6.dll
C:\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Release\mgwz.dll
C:\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Release\ogremain.dll
C:\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Release\OgrePlatform.dll
C:\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Release\Plugin_ParticleFX.dll
C:\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Release\RenderSystem_Direct3D9.dll
C:\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Release\RenderSystem_GL.dll
C:\ogrenew\Samples\Media\packs\OgreCore.zip

And create these two files, also in the root of the project directory:

plugins.cfg: -----------------------------------------------

PluginFolder=.
Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D9
Plugin=RenderSystem_GL
Plugin=Plugin_ParticleFX

-------------------------------------------------------------

resources.cfg: --------------------------------------------

[Bootstrap]
Zip=OgreCore.zip

-------------------------------------------------------------

(I'm assuming Ogre is in C:\ogrenew in both the template file and, obviously, the instructions above)

Would it be possible to create the two configuration files and copying the dll's and OgreCore.zip through some instructions in the template file? Seems it would be useful for the wxWidget template too. Would be cool to have to whole procedure fully automated.

I also created the alternative project file: www.insubordinate.esenet.dk/files/ogre_debug_release.cbp
Whichs has both a debug and release target. But it seems pointless to use so far as the instruction for getting ogre compiles with Code::Blocks only produced the release version. I just linked to it so you point out any flaws, since I'm sure I've made some mistakes.  :roll:

Also, I noticed the after you create a project the source files are displayed  in the Project window with no name and as being in the "Others" folder. This goes away after restarting Code::Blocks though. And the project compiles regardless, so it's no show stopper. Just looks broken.

Anyways, enjoy. And thanks for a Free IDE done right!

Morten Bendix