Author Topic: Why CB don't work with Russian language?  (Read 4869 times)

Offline Sasha

• Multiple posting newcomer
Why CB don't work with Russian language?
« on: October 18, 2020, 12:50:07 pm »
The Russian Language has not been Identified since the default Encoding type is already set to UT-F8.
Do I need to add an ru-RU.idx & ru-RU.dat  files to make it work properly? if yes then how and where can i find those .idx and .dat files to work properly without missing any spell checking.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:54:24 pm by Sasha »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Why CB don't work with Russian language?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:05:37 pm »
Nope, idx and dat files are only for the spell checker.
To make this work you'll have to learn how encoding works in multiple applications.
You'll start with C::B, then the compiler and then the console you're using.
If any of those doesn't speak the encoding you want to use you'll see what you see at the moment.

If you're test files are UTF8 you have to make sure that the compiler stores UTF8 in the executable and that your console is capable to show UTF8.
If your encoding is not UTF8 you have to do the same with your preferred encoding.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Sasha

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 12:14:30 pm »
Already encoding is set to UTF-8 and still not working. This only happen with C::B only in my system, I have tested with Notepad++ and everything works fine.
I also see C::B has UTF-8 in the list of encoding but not Russian Language.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 02:08:46 pm »
As told you before, the problem is not C::B itself but the "Windows Console application" (the black window on your image), used to display "cout" in your C++ code. Console is not set to support utf-8.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 02:10:56 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 06:05:16 pm »

Offline Sasha

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 10:29:52 pm »
Thank you for helping and solving my problem  :) and Microsoft is late  :D as always, I get console updates now from Microsoft as I reported this issue and they have updated my console to Terminal 1.3 after solving the issue and it supports every language and all Unicode characters.