Author Topic: Problem with "Set programs' arguments" window - Linux Mint  (Read 3454 times)

Offline burzum

• Single posting newcomer
Problem with "Set programs' arguments" window - Linux Mint
« on: July 27, 2020, 01:51:40 pm »
Hello there, I have the following problem. When I click onto "Project => Set programs' arguments" nothing shows up. I looked up on the Internet if anyone's had the same problem, I found this thread:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,16960.msg115515.html#msg115515
Yet, after making the changes to the "select_target.xrc" file everything remains as it was. MortenMacFly suggested nightly builds but it seems like there's no Linux support so I don't know what to do.
I would appreciate your help !

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Problem with "Set programs' arguments" window - Linux Mint
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 02:30:24 pm »
Which version of C::B are you using?. The window can be shown behind the main window, this happens with some windows in Linux when thay have no parent.

In line 1251 of cbproject.cpp this dialog (SelectTargetDlg) is created with no parent.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 05:45:07 pm »
Should this be reported as a ticket?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 08:37:46 pm »
burzum: What exactly is your problem? The problem described in the old topic is that a certain field in the dialog is invisible, but this has been fixed long ago.

Miguel Gimenez: This is problematic only if there is another window and you click on it. At least for me E17 it is not possible to make the Set Args window to be stacked behind the main window.

BlueHazzard: Posting issues for everything doesn't matter if they never get fixed. And first we have to know what is the exact nature of the problem.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline burzum

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 09:08:33 am »
Which version of C::B are you using?. The window can be shown behind the main window, this happens with some windows in Linux when thay have no parent.
My version is 20.03

burzum: What exactly is your problem? The problem described in the old topic is that a certain field in the dialog is invisible, but this has been fixed long ago.
Nothing happens when clicking the "Set programs' arguments" field. Nothing shows up.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 12:13:43 pm »
Have you opened a project?. If you don't open/create a project the "Set programs' arguments" menu entry is enabled but it doesn't do anything.

This is a bug, you can create and run a program without a project, so the dialog should be available with no project.

Offline burzum

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 08:50:23 pm »
Have you opened a project?. If you don't open/create a project the "Set programs' arguments" menu entry is enabled but it doesn't do anything.

This is a bug, you can create and run a program without a project, so the dialog should be available with no project.
Gracias, amigo! You are the man, solution was simpler than I thought.