Author Topic: CodeBlocks on OpenIndiana  (Read 3969 times)

Offline ghorigin

• Single posting newcomer
CodeBlocks on OpenIndiana
« on: July 18, 2020, 02:28:19 pm »
Hi. I registered just to report with you that you are the only IDE that build and worked fine on that OS.

Here I provide instructions needed to build CodeBlocks on OI:

• Having a fully updated OI with sudo pkg update -rv
  • Install the toolchain with sudo pkg install build-essential
  • Compile and install wxGTK as the guide for Linux, I use GTK3: --with-gtk=3
  • Compile and install CodeBlocks, remember to put CXXFLAGS="-fpermissive" before gmake -j[number of makejobs you want to use]
  • Launch the newly installed CodeBlocks from terminal, then use this CodeBlocks to compile a full version of CodeBlocks using CodeBlocks project files shipped with the project's source
  • Copy the .desktop file into $HOME/.local/share/applications and modify it to the correct path of your newly compiled CodeBlocks (not the CodeBlocks you installed with gmake install, you should remove this CodeBlocks), now you could add this .desktop into your desktop or menu
  • Enjoy!

If you found the instructions is obscure, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm not English speaker and my English is not good, either, so it's nothing wrong if you don't understand what I wrote.

As I'm just a normal user and not a member of OI's packaging team, I can't make an official package for wxGTK and CodeBlocks for that OS. We (I mean OI) also have very few users so I don't think there is a need for prebuilt binary like for MacOS. You have to install from source, it's a bit inconvenient but it's just works  ;)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 02:30:40 pm by ghorigin »