Author Topic: The 26 April 2020 build (12072) is out.  (Read 20747 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 26 April 2020 build (12072) is out.
« on: April 26, 2020, 03:28:03 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll(s) for Code::Blocks : https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw31u_gcc_cb_wx313_2D_gcc810-mingw64.7z
A link to Mingw64 dll's needed by Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/Mingw64dlls8.1.0.7z

The 26 April 2020 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2020/CB_20200426_rev12072_win64.7z
  - Linux :
   none

The current SDK version is : 2.2.0

Resolved Fixed:

• UI: Try to fix the info text of the Tool->Configure->Edit dialog
  • ThreadSearch: Fix crash if pressing the search button after the view has been shown
  • wxSmith: Fix crash when moving menu item. Replace all "0" pointer with nullptr (Fix Ticket #948, Thanks to Miguel Gimenez)
  • wxSmith: wxFontPickerCtrl fix bug, where the "selected font" property had the same name like the "font" property (Fix #932)
  • wxSmith: Add scroll rate property to wxsScrolledWindow (Fix #927)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    Re: The 26 April 2020 build (12072) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 06:07:31 pm »
    Hello Developers.

I already asked in the last nightly topic for the symbol browser what is still not available.
    For some reasons I've got no response.

OK, I understand that this may be a difficult thing and you may have not a satisfying answer in the direction it will be available very soon.

But I hope that the associated sources are still part of the repository and that a test-workspace or project is existing, so that interested users are able to build it by them self just for testing.

Is it possible to get some information about the current state of possibilities lake that?

Stay or become again well and healthy,
                                                           Eckard.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 07:19:30 pm »
    Here you have a summary of Symbol Browser status and how you can get a possible patch:

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,23580.msg161478.html#msg161478

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 07:31:25 pm »
    Hello Miguel Gimenez

Thanks for the link. I will try it out

As far as I understand you work on Linux.
    Do you already if somebody was able to use it on Windows (7 or 10) ?

Eckard.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 08:28:24 pm »
    I wrote and tested the changes on Windows 10, no Linux was hurt during development.

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 06:29:54 pm »
    Hello Miguel Gimenez

Even I seem to be able to build Code::Blocks now with your patch, I'm not able to activate the symbol-browser.
    • The plug-in list contains no symbol-browser, since it is part of the code-completion plug-in as far as I understand it.
    • The activation in the code-completion dialogue of the editor settings is not changeable.
    • The activation in the menu "View" still tells me that the symbol-browser was activated for wx3.x builds.
    I tried to find the answer in the discussion you provided with your link. But to be honest especially the "clarification" of how to activate the symbol-browser is definitely confusing me.
    (OK, may be a problem between my ears.)

I'm using the latest svn content from Code::Blocks (12073) together with your patch with wxWidgets 3.1.3 on Windows 10 with MinGW 8.1.0 64 bit

Eckard.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 07:05:06 pm »
    There is another user (AZ) in that thread who had a problem similar to yours, he solved it with a full rebuild.

Do you see SVN12073 in the splash screen or About box?

May be the execution of "svn patch file.patch" failed?

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 10:52:20 pm »
    Hello Miguel Gimenez

May be the execution of "svn patch file.patch" failed?
    • Finaly that was the reason.
    • This was the first time that I applied a patch to a SVN work-copy with tortoise. And so I missed the Window with the file-list I had to use to apply all changes.

How ever, after the successful apply of the patch the normal build of the code-completion plug-in was enough to make it run.

The last time, I was able to build Code::Blocks with an active symbol-browser, was one and a half year ago with wxWidgets 2.8. And now I have a version with the newest code and the newest wxWidgets 3.1.3.

Thank you very much for your effort and support.

Eckard.

Offline huycan

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 01:56:20 am »
    There's a bug in this release... But I am confused as to where to report it... in this thread/forum or in SF (opening a ticket)?? Or both? Anyway, here is the SF ticket:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/963/

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
      • My Best Post
    « Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 09:22:22 am »
    There's a bug in this release... But I am confused as to where to report it... in this thread/forum or in SF (opening a ticket)?? Or both? Anyway, here is the SF ticket:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/963/

No bug.

You need to disable a plugin. I think tidycmt as in tidy comment is its name.
    And, also disable ?header fixup? plugin

Tim S.
    C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
    On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
    --
    When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline huycan

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 06:00:00 pm »
    You're right. The tidycmt and the Header Guard plugin are the culprits... The Header fixup plugin (no idea what it does)... has no impact (on or off)....

Final note: I see that tidycmt not included in the 20.03 release.... but the header guard is. And I don't have any problem... Then why header guard plugin is the problem in the nightly build?

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #11 on: May 10, 2020, 02:38:38 pm »
    Dear All.

Now where I changed to the newest C::B version while skipping more than 1 year of C::B development I face a problem with my personality conf files.

I assume due to changes with the keybinder plug-in C::B creates additional conf-files.
    • For every conf file I use I get now an additional cbKeyBinder20.conf file.
    • Since I choose the personality by calling C::B with the application parameter --personality="ask" I get now a list with more items.
    • But all items from the type cbKeyBinder20.conf contain no valid xml-code
    • If I remove the cbKeyBinder20.conf they will be recreated with the next use of the associated personality.

How could I merge the information from the cbKeyBinder20.conf file into the normal conf file to reduce the number of personalities to the valid ones I really want to use.

I'm working on with windows 7 and 10 with a self build Code::Blocks revision 12073 as discussed before in this topic. I attached 2 files as example.

Eckard.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #12 on: May 10, 2020, 02:48:21 pm »
    What happens if you just ignore the entries which have .cbKeybinder20 in their names?
    Does everything work as expected?

If we do something in codeblocks, this is most probably what we will do anyway - don't show cbKeyBinder20 entries in the list.
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #13 on: May 10, 2020, 03:26:03 pm »
    Hello oBFusCATed

don't show cbKeyBinder20 entries in the list

I would be very glad if I would know how to do so.
    • Currently I call C::B with the command: codeblocks.exe --personality="ask"
    • The list of conf files will than already created by C::B it self and not by me.
    • Details about could be found here http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Personalities
    • For doing so C::B is scanning my folder C:\Users\Eckard\AppData\Roaming\CodeBlocks
    • All files ending with .conf will be than added by C::B to the list

To explain the background:
    • Currently I use 4 different build suites MinGW 8.1 and MinGW 9.2 and from both one 32bit version as well as one 64 bit version
    • By starting C::B with the command: codeblocks.exe --personality="ask" I actually expect a list with 4 personalities.
    • This way I want to be able to choose the build suite to work with without changing my own  development project
    • This is actually working as desired. But the additional cbKeyBinder20.conf are very irritating now.

OK, lets come to your proposal:
    How should I call C::B without creating a single shortcut for every personalty I want to use but with one shortcut that is forcing C::B just to show me those personalities I want to work with?

Stay or become well and healthy,
                                                 Eckard.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #14 on: May 10, 2020, 06:26:16 pm »
    I suppose you failed to understand me. You cannot remove the entries without modifying the code to skip them.

The goal of my question was to understand if everything works as expected if you just don't click on the entries ending with keybinder20. Just ignore them as if they don't exisits.
    So does everything works as expected?
    If your answer is positive adding filtering code for the list is pretty easy. If it will require more changes it won't be so easy.
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 07:41:35 pm »
    Re: personality=ask

Filtering out the keybinder conf files i the "ask" list is on my todo list.

For me, conversion of cbkeybinder10.ini to <personality>.cbkeybinder20.conf works ok.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 08:35:52 pm »
    Hello oBFusCATed

don't show cbKeyBinder20 entries in the list

Re: /personality=ask showing KeyBinder entries.
    Fixed rev 12075

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #17 on: May 12, 2020, 07:33:22 pm »
    Hello oBFusCATed and Pecan

Sorry for my late reply.

The goal of my question was to understand if everything works as expected if you just don't click on the entries ending with keybinder20. Just ignore them as if they don't exisits.
    So does everything works as expected?

Sorry for getting not your point
    • If I choose one of the normal personalities, it works as expected without any issue until now.
    • Thus filtering out the keybinder20 files should be solve my problem with the personality choice-list

Re: /personality=ask showing KeyBinder entries.
    Fixed rev 12075

Thanks for your effort.
    I will try it out in the next days.

Eckard.
    « Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 07:34:54 pm by eckard_klotz »

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 07:49:05 pm »
    Hello oBFusCATed and Pecan

Today I was able to check your fix and the filter to suppress the keybinder entries in the personality list works as desired.

Thanks again for your effort.

Eckard.