Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

command line lenght limit on Windows

<< < (2/5) > >>

BlueHazzard:
You can try to enable the html build log and look there, if the problem is the wxWidhgets control, than this should resolve the problem...
I search currently but have not found any hard coded limit...

oBFusCATed:
There is a limit at the OS level. This is solved by using response files, but we don't support this.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20031210-00/?p=41553

Chun Jiu:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on April 24, 2020, 08:17:50 am ---You can try to enable the html build log and look there, if the problem is the wxWidhgets control, than this should resolve the problem...
I search currently but have not found any hard coded limit...

--- End quote ---

Thank you,

I tried it, but it didn't output the HTML log file. Does it have to be compiled successfully to have this file?

The CB is "Nightly builds" : The 18 April 2020 build (12064) is out.

My system is Windows-10 1909, 64bit.

Chun Jiu:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on April 24, 2020, 09:22:24 am ---There is a limit at the OS level. This is solved by using response files, but we don't support this.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20031210-00/?p=41553

--- End quote ---

OK, Should be the reason ...

Is there a way for CB to display the complete link command line in the log window instead of being truncated?

Or save it as a txt file?

BlueHazzard:
It is also in the html log output file.
If this option is enabled (as it is in your case) the html output file should be in the same folder as the project file and have the same name as the project.
As far as i can tell not the command line is the problem, but the log output or not?
Because the compilation process is started, but the error message for the linker is not completely present in the error output?
Am i right, or do i miss understand something?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version