Author Topic: Code::Blocks stuck minimized  (Read 3631 times)

Offline scootergarrett

• Single posting newcomer
Code::Blocks stuck minimized
« on: April 18, 2020, 02:26:00 pm »
No matter what I do (uninstall, re install, clear old Code::Blocks file) when Code::Blocks is open its stuck minimized; it might maximize but its not even a pixel wide.
I click Code::Blocks to open it, the splash screen shows up the icon appears on the task tray, then nothing. I can click on the task tray icon and it appears (because of other program dim) that it is the front most window but nothing Code::Blocks related shows up. Any ideas how to get it back?

Windows 10 (ver1903)
Code::Blocks 17.12   or   20.03

Thanks

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Code::Blocks stuck minimized
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 07:57:43 pm »
alt-space -> Maximize?
Have you tried to delete the config file in AppData/<something>/CodeBlocks/default.conf ?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline scootergarrett

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 09:04:54 pm »
What a trick.  Thanks so much

To be clear. I got Code:Blocks at the front window by pressing alt the tab to cycle through open programs selecting Code:Blocks. Then I pressed alt-space, that opened the little menu that you get from right clicking the top of a program window. then I click maximize.

Thanks again.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 10:45:45 pm »
Interesting. Are you switching from 2 monitor setup to a single monitor setup?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]