Author Topic: Display Value Under Cursor - window too small for int variables with short names  (Read 5925 times)

Samuel

I had the same problem and managed to solve it as follows:

Settings > Debugger > Value Tolltip Font (Choose)

My source was less than the minimum available. That may be your problem.

I hope I can have helped you.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
The bug described in this post is here again (C::B svn 12448, wxWidgets 3.1.5, Windows 10, but also with 12446 killerbot nightly). I obtain in any case something which looks like the Frame1 image in the first post, but just a small gray square
Changing the size and/or the font in Settings > Debugger > Choose button has no effect.
I have just added a Fit(); at line 1224 in watchesdlg.cpp and it works again.
At lines 1222 and 1223, the 2 m_sizer->Fit ... look strange. If I eliminate one of them or both, it continues to work. Are they necessary ? May be for other OS or wxWidgets version ... I don't know.
I have created a ticket #1100 here
Windows 10 64 bits (21H1), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.1.5, Msys2 Compilers 10.3.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (sjlj, posix in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
This code is the most annoying place in the whole C::B, really.
For me using wx-master, somewhere around 3.1.4-3.1.5-newer, I cannot make it look good at all - it is always smaller. Linux, GTK2.
No combination of Fit/Layout makes it work.
I literally hate this code.
I suppose one day I'll bite the bullet and write a watch control from scratch. How hard could it be!
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
This code needs major review by someone who understands wxWidgets and sizers and wxPropertyGrid.
There are so many hacks on so many levels. :(  :-[
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]