User forums > Help

Display Value Under Cursor - window too small for int variables with short names

<< < (3/6) > >>

oldieNewbie:
I have reproduced the problem exactly on a different computer, my HP laptop running Windows 10 Home Version 1809 Build 17763.109

I have tried to reproduce the problem using Code::Blocks 17.12 but the debugger seems to be missing from the SourceForge download of codeblocks-17.12mingw-setup.exe

That was the short Version of what I did.
Here follows the long version.

Laptop - Windows 10 Home Version 1809 Build 17763.109
Fresh installation of Code::Blocks 20.03 from FossHUB.
1) Changed nothing from installed defaults except checking the "Evaluate Expression Under Cursor" box.
2) Default Debugger Font noted as Segoe UI Regular 7.
3) Created a new Console Project, overwrote default "Hello World" program in main.cpp with text copy and pasted from Notepad++
4) Compiled and Ran program successfully.
5) Ran debugger to cursor as before.
Results were exactly the same.

I uninstalled Code::Blocks 20.03 with Revo Uninstaller Pro 4.3.0

I downloaded  Code::Blocks 17.12 from SourceForge and installed it.
Code::Blocks 17.12 rev 11256 gcc 5.1.0 32 bit
1) Changed nothing from installed defaults except checking the "Evaluate Expression Under Cursor" box.
2) Default Debugger Font noted as Tahoma Regular 7.
3) Created a new Console Project, overwrote default "Hello World" program in main.cpp with text copy and pasted from Notepad++
4) Compiled and Ran program successfully.
5) Debugging failed: No debugger Found.
6) Looked for gdb.exe using "Search Everything" - not present.

Noted that downloaded codeblocks-20.03mingw-setup.exe is 148,848 KB and codeblocks-17.12mingw-setup.exe is only 88,221 KB.
Am guessing that the debugger is missing from codeblocks-17.12mingw-setup.exe

If someone can tell me where to download it and where to put gdb.exe I will try running the debugger to see if anything changes. I need to do that in the next couple of days as Microsoft is about to force an update to Windows 10 version 1909 on my laptop.

oBFusCATed:
I don't intend to install windows 10 any time soon, so if you can't reproduce the problem on some kind of default version of windows 7 64bit, I'm not of much help. :(

oldieNewbie:
Thank you for your interest and help so far, oBFusCATed. I appreciate the time you've taken.

BlueHazzard:
I can reproduce this on windows... But i have absolute no idea about this part of the code....

oBFusCATed:
The fun happens in watchesdlg.cpp:SetMinSize...
Can you check if the values look reasonable?
I guess something is skipped and the calculated size is smaller than the min possible for some of the columns and so this is the result.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version