User forums > Help

Debugger finished with status 1

<< < (3/3)

BlueHazzard:

--- Quote ---Im assuming its not as simple as replacing the gdb.exe in  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin with a different gdb.exe
--- End quote ---
If you find the right gdb for this compiler (a newer gdb with an old compiler should always work) but you have to find the right compiler
msys2 compiler will not work with mingw gdb or mingw64 gdb or mingw-tdm gdb

So you have to find the right gdb for your compiler distribution

cooboo:
Replaced gdb.exe with one I found on a mingw 17.1 installation folder I found and it works now. Nice happy faces.

Too bad I'm too exhausted to code now.

Thank you for all your help!

oBFusCATed:
BlueHazzard: Can you try the gdb in the latest mingw64 release? A suppose there is newer version that the one we currently ship.

cooboo:
I think thats what I have done and its working. I'm now using the gdb that comes from here: https://nuwen.net/mingw.html#install

its gdb 8.3.1

ZLP:
The solution: 
1. Cancel all breakpoints; 
2. Restart debugging. Debug -> Start/Continue; 
3. In the debug window, deselect CPU register in Debug Options and go to Debug -> Debug Window -> Deselect CPU register. 
4. Disable debugging. 
5. Then reset the breakpoint, and the debugging will not flash back; 
6. If you open the CPU register again, the CPU will blink back. Go to Step 1.

The ABOVE METHOD IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO THE case when the CPU register is turned on during breakpoint debugging. Other problems can also be tried using the above method.
I have no idea what this is about, but I found this method by accidentally restarting Codeblocks and debugging it directly. Does this mean that breakpoint debugging cannot open certain info Windows?  Why is that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version