Author Topic: New UI: Project Globs  (Read 9516 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: New UI: Project Globs
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2020, 11:35:43 am »
I once already experimented with the generated cbp files from cmake, but CB never was able to launch the entire workspace, and after 30 minutes I gave up. Still something I am gonna further investigate.
Why are you using the workspace? It should have tons of duplicated stuff. I think cmake generates full projects for every cmake target. Full means all dependent targets are present as C::B targets.
Generally I'm using the main cbp file generated from cmake (the one in the root of your build directory) for a fairly big project (2m+ lines, 100+ executables/dlls) and it works fine at least for compilation, editing, CC. Running and debugging is another story. Loading time for such a project is something like 2-3 seconds.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: New UI: Project Globs
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2020, 02:04:56 pm »
The saving of some settings per "globbed file", might be tricky, and I something I wouldn't do (my feeling : to much added complexity).
The behavior has changed from your implementation. In your implementation the glob file was special, you could change the compiler options but they were not saved. This was confusing for me on the first use...
In my implementation the glob files are like regular files. They are added to the project, like if you add a file with Project->Add file, just automatically, no special handling, no additional complexity.
This comes with the specialty, that your project file gets changed every time the globs change...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 02:06:40 pm by BlueHazzard »