Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

svn 11991

<< < (2/3) > >>

stahta01:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on March 23, 2020, 06:22:27 pm ---Do you have compiler failures or some other actual problem? This code builds fine with 2.8 and 3.0.
I don't see a reason why we would need to call an Update or paint event here. Any problems when dragging files?

--- End quote ---

The code fails to build with wxWidgets git master; this counts as 3.1.4!
Builds OK with wxWidgets 3.1.3 release.

Tim S.

oBFusCATed:
gd_on: I don't care for your conflicts, you've made modifications you'll have to decide what to do with them. For me the code builds fine in wx-master, wx2.8 and wx3.0 travis builds. The only thing I care about this change is if the removal of the forced repaint causes problems when dropping files in C::B. Can you make it fail like in your application? I've tested on linux and it works fine.

stahta01: Build log? You're always requesting build logs in the topics, but you don't provide one when you report something.

Link to travis https://travis-ci.org/github/obfuscated/codeblocks_sf/builds if you don't believe me.

gd_on:
I have not found problems within C::B (until now) with your modifications.
My intention was just to remember you that Miguel Gimenez had identified the problem some time ago. In my C::B version, I tried to solve the problem by simply adding #if ... #else... #endif. Like that, I'm (almost) sure that the binary code is the same as previously for wx 3.1.3 and specifically adapted for wx 3.1.4 and +.
I don't know why this paint event has been added. Is it useful or not, I don't know. May be only the original author can say why he added this event.
If it works without any problem, of course the code can (and must) stay like that.

gd_on

PS : difficult for me to try to make a fail as in my application : context is totally different (I work within a wxsglcanvas window !)

stahta01:
Full build log would be rather large; will post the snipped build log once build is done.

Edit: It would have been nice if you told me you fixed it in r11991!!!!

Tim S.

oBFusCATed:
@stahta01: The whole topic is all about rev11991 and that I've fixed this in a different way then the proposed solutions in the other topic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version