Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

svn 11991

(1/3) > >>

gd_on:
I know that you don't like #if ... #else ... #endif
but to avoid conflicts in svn update, and as suggested Miguel Gimenez in http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,23687.msg161404.html#msg161404 there is Update() to do the job (in main.cpp).
It's possible to use something like :

--- Code: ---#if wxCHECK_VERSION(3, 1, 4)
        Update();
#else
        wxPaintEvent e;
        ProcessEvent(e);
#endif // wxCHECK_VERSION

--- End code ---
in main.cpp
and :

--- Code: ---#if wxCHECK_VERSION(3, 1, 4)
    wxPGWindowList const list(NULL);
#else
    wxPGWindowList const list;
#endif // wxCHECK_VERSION
        return list;
--- End code ---
in watchesdlg.cpp.

Note that Update() works also with wxWidgets 3.1.3.

oBFusCATed:
Do you have compiler failures or some other actual problem? This code builds fine with 2.8 and 3.0.
I don't see a reason why we would need to call an Update or paint event here. Any problems when dragging files?

gd_on:
I had the same sequence of code in one of my own wxWidgets software. It was necessary because without this code, my window refresh was not correct. I have replaced these 2 lines by a simple Update() in my code and it works with both wxWidgets 3.1.3 and 3.1.4. It's the reason why I have done the same replacement in C::B.
But may be, C::B has not such problem.
The problem came when in C::B, I updated through svn which declared 2 svn conflicts that I had to solve manually.

oBFusCATed:
OS, steps to reproduce?

gd_on:
OS : as told in my signature, it is Windows 10 (updated), family version.
Steps to reproduce :
modify as indicated above a previous version of main.cpp and watchesdlg. Probably take care of the date to be sure it will be considered as an "old" version by the next update process.
Update through svn.
Two conflicts in main and watchesdlg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version