Author Topic: The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid,  (Read 9156 times)

Offline anton

• Single posting newcomer
The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid,
« on: May 17, 2021, 05:19:33 pm »
I had installed C::B 2003 version to 32 bit windows7 OS. The version was for 32bit with 32bit MinGW, and build show me such a message
Code
Project/Target: "vector_word_output - Debug":
  The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid, so Code::Blocks cannot find/run the compiler.
  Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?!
  Do you have a compiler installed?
Goto "Settings->Compiler...->Global compiler settings->GNU GCC Compiler->Toolchain executables" and fix the compiler's setup.

Tried to run compiler executable 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe', but failed!
and I had checked that in compiler settings this is prompted in installation path and in additional path

but i find that it want to find the mingw32-gcc.exe file , while in my folder there is
i686-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe

i had checked, that I had downloaded the right version of release
Code
codeblocks-20.03-32bit-mingw-32bit-setup.exe

so i 'm in doubt just rename it to what C::B had asked?

o
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 05:32:12 pm by anton »

Offline Commaster

• Almost regular
Re: The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid,
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 05:39:34 pm »
I suspect, an installation directory should be a DIRECTORY, not a file...

Also please go to the settings page as directed in the error message and check the whole list there.

P.S. There is a "NOTE" on your screenshots, read that too.

Offline anton

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 06:16:41 pm »
and after file was renamed, and program restartted, rebuild ends with the error message
Code
  The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid, so Code::Blocks cannot find/run the compiler.
  Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?!
Goto "Settings->Compiler...->Global compiler settings->GNU GCC Compiler->Toolchain executables" and fix the compiler's setup.

Tried to run compiler executable 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe', but failed!
Tried to run compiler executable 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe/mingw32-gcc.exe', but failed!

Skipping...
Nothing to be done (all items are up-to-date).

it trying to find the file in this folders, while the path in compiler settings still the same, as before.

is it right, that in CB 32bit 32 mingw there are 64bitMingtw and will it work if i will download and install mingw from their original site?

Offline takashi_85

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 11:38:24 pm »
If you didn't notice the path to the compiler executable is formed with both "\" backslashes and "/" slashes !!, i think it's a bug in this version, as i didn't find anyway to alter this in compiler options.
"/" are used in linux and Mac not windows !.
Code

Tried to run compiler executable 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe', but failed!