User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

TDM-Gcc is discontinued

<< < (2/10) > >>

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: TDragon on March 09, 2020, 01:21:17 am ---Hi there,

Just popping in to say that I've spun up a new TDM-GCC release and shoved everything into Github. Apologies for the radio silence. I started working on GCC 9.1 last year sporadically and finally got everything in a working state again!

It's still a one-man show but feel free to file issues on Github (https://github.com/jmeubank/tdm-gcc) and I might take a peek more often.

In the years since the last TDM-GCC release, the MSYS2 project has gained continual traction and their recent toolchains function quite well. TDM-GCC does still offer 32-bit and 64-bit compilation as a one-stop shop, and tries *real* hard not to tie you to unwanted DLLs. Use whichever works for you!

Cheers,
John E. / TDM

--- End quote ---

Hi, John, long time no see. Great work for your new TDM-GCC release!

gd_on:
Cool, ... but ...
I tried to compile wxWidgets 3.1.4 (git) : OK
I tried to compile C::B, svn 11979 with this wxWidgets 3.1.4 (git) : OK
I tried to compile one of my own programs, also using this wxWidgets 3.1.4 (git) : OK
In each case, executable is bigger tha previously, but it's normal because this gcc version has more statically linked parts.

But I had a crash in C::B itself when working on a project :
To obtain this crash :
In my workspace menu, "Properties...", and in the "Build Target" tab, I choosed one of the Build targets, clicked on the "Duplicate" button, accepted the name "copy of ..." and simply clicked on the OK button of the "Project/target options" window without changing anything. C::B crashes but no RPT file was created.
No such problem with gcc 9.2 found in msys2 nor with gcc 8.1.
Sorry  :(

TDragon:
Go get us a stack trace and we'll see what we can do!

gd_on:
I don't know how to do that !

TDragon:
Well, this is where the real development work happens. ;)

You have to build wxWidgets with debug flags (CFLAGS=-g CXXFLAGS=-g) and then build Code::Blocks with debug flags. And then you run CB under GDB (gdb codeblocks.exe) and, when it crashes, you see a lovely little call stack of all the functions that were on the stack when the crash was triggered!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version