Author Topic: Harvest Plugin  (Read 10057 times)

Offline aborges

• Single posting newcomer
Harvest Plugin
« on: February 15, 2006, 07:09:23 pm »
Hello all, I'm a new user and I'm very impressed with this project.
I'm a linux developer , but nowadays I'm developing a Window$ application for my client.

I was looking and believe that nobody is working on a development of a Plugin to use with Harvest (it is a kind of source control software) (in truth, I don't like this application, but this is what my client use).

So, I'm thinking in develop this plugin to simplify my life.

I would like to thanks any collaboration in that task. 
Regards,
Anderson

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Harvest Plugin
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 07:15:23 pm »
The CA site has a lot of blah blah about how great that software is, but no usable documentation whatsoever, so unless someone happens to have a copy of that program (which hopefully includes documentation), you probably have no easy task finding help :(
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 07:50:31 pm »
If you do so, I would like to point out the following:
If possible, please try to abstract as good as possible "default" version control stuff from the harvest specific one. I believe every version control system has atomic functions such as check-in, check-out, update etc. but the specific command behind will be different.
Why I'm saying this? C::B could really use a nice plugin (or several plugins) for version controls systems. So your implementation (if you do the job) might be a good basis to attach other version controls systems, too. And that would be GREAT!
You might wanna have a look at the C::B SVN plugin from Thomas. It's available from berlios as well, allthough development is ceased at the moment *sigh*.
With regards, Morten.
Ps.: Thomas: You can't clone yourself several times, can't you?! ;-)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 07:52:04 pm by MortenMacFly »
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline aborges

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 11:52:06 am »
Ok. I already have some documentation from CA, and I think it will be sufficient to implement the plugin.
My company use a old version, "AllFusion Harvest CM Workbench - 5.1.1", and it will be the starting point.

Thanks Thomas and Morten.
With regards, Anderson.