Author Topic: Rework Thread serach UI  (Read 4775 times)

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Rework Thread serach UI
« on: April 21, 2020, 12:17:26 am »
Hi,
i used intelij some time ago, and there is one thing, that i think would be really handy also for codeblocks. If you search and select a found item from the list, there is a part of the window, that opens a editor preview...

you can see it in this image https://d3nmt5vlzunoa1.cloudfront.net/idea/files/2018/01/image10.png

I use the thread search window always in the log pane, and because everyone uses wide screen screens now, i think we could sacrifice some space and split the window and display on one side some editor preview if we select an item from the list...

Is this somehow implementable? Probably the window could also be editable, but this would not be a must have...
So
1) Click on the search item, open the preview editor on the right side (probably an option to turn off)
2) Double click jump to the found item in the main editor...

ideas?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Rework Thread serach UI
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 01:05:54 am »
Already there...

Settings -> Environment -> ThreadSearch -> Preview?
I don't understand why this would be useful.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 08:05:20 am »
Already there...

Settings -> Environment -> ThreadSearch -> Preview?
I really thought i looked at every option, but i missed this... Thank you!

I don't understand why this would be useful.
It is for me :)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 10:01:38 am »
Why is it useful? Is the single click vs double click or that you don't have to close the editor?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 10:36:05 am »
I simply want two editor windows open at the same time if i make a quick search for some other things.
I work on a part of the code, and for this i have the editor open. Now i remember, that i have the same code at some other part, i search it with threadsearch, click on it, can look at both code parts at the same time, without needing to move editor windows, find the old editor window ecc... Ok i could probably use the alt+key combination, but normally i use all 3 functionalities in conjunction...