Author Topic: Line x, Column y  (Read 3420 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Line x, Column y
« on: February 13, 2006, 09:13:33 pm »
Just wondering what the correct behaviour should be.

Open up a project, open 2 files from the project, and click somewhere in the editor.
Remember the position where you clicked (you can see the coordinates in the status bar).
Now in the project tree, double click on the first opened file, notice how in the statusbar the coordinates reappear of where you have left of.
BUT, no caret visible in that location, so you can't start typing yet.

Questions :
 - should the editor get focus ?
 - and have the caret on the position of the last time (otherwise the remembering in the layout will only show +- where you have left of)

PS : Have as a last position the position of a brace or bracket (-> it is colored together with it's partner), switch to other file, switch back to 'brace' file -> the colors are still displayed for the set of braces/brackets. So also this is nicely remembered and redisplayed.

So I am thinking that the focus and caret should be on the position of the last time.

What do others think ?

Extra question : should the Insert/Overwrite status in the status bar also be shown when no editor is open (I have seen it showin on several other editors, since it does not need an active editor for this, it's just showing a keyboard status) ??

« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 09:15:32 pm by killerbot »

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
Re: Line x, Column y
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 10:08:37 pm »
...So I am thinking that the focus and caret should be on the position of the last time...

i think so too.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: Line x, Column y
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 12:17:13 pm »
So I am thinking that the focus and caret should be on the position of the last time.

Yes, I think so too. And this would be useful too :D.

Michael