Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

GUI console_runner?

(1/2) > >>

BiMode:
Hello,

The console_runner is built using -mwindows switch thus no pause of the loader.

Anonymous:
Hello all,

I will try once again to explain a problem which I have been experimented. Hope my English will does the job well this time.

I created a console project using the wizard (latest CVS build). when building, at linking time, there will be a "-mwindows" flag is put into the commandline options. So every build will be "GUI" and you know console can't run with GUI subsystem flag.

Does anybody experimented like this?

rickg22:
By "wizard" you mean templates?

Please check out your global compiler options (Compiler, Compiler options - or settings, plugins, compiler) and check if there's the infamous -mwindows flag. I checked the CVS source code via web (sourceforge), and couldn't find mwindows in the project files. Neither the templates, nor codeblocks.cbp. Also try resetting the compiler options and check if the problem persists. If it does, then it means it's a bug, and you should report at sourceforge.

mandrav:
Unless you 've put the -mwindows flag somewhere yourself, Code::Blocks adds it in the linker's command line only for non-console projects.
First, verify that the build target's type is "Console" (in project properties).
Then, go to "Compile->Compiler options->Other->Advanced options->Commands" and check the commands for "Link object files to executable" (this should have the -mwindows flag) and "Link object files to console executable" (this shouldn't have it).

Yiannis.

Anonymous:
Yes, from File->New Project.
I have checked it is console type (as it shows).

This is the value of "Link object files to console executable".
"$linker $libdirs -o $exe_output $link_objects $link_resobjects $link_options $libs"

The commandline used to build.
"Project   : Console application
Compiler  : GNU GCC Compiler (using GNU "make")
Directory : C:\Documents and Settings\BiMode\Desktop\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mingw32-g++.exe -MM   -MF .deps/main.d -MT .objs/main.o  -IC:/MinGW/include main.cpp
mingw32-g++.exe    -IC:/MinGW/include -c main.cpp -o .objs/main.o
mingw32-g++.exe  -LC:/MinGW/lib -o console.exe .objs/main.o        -mwindows
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 16 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version