User forums > Nightly builds

The 06 July 2019 build (11781) is out.

<< < (3/6) > >>

zed:

--- Quote ---we should pack the compiler also each night, like we do in case of a release.
--- End quote ---
No, you should not. You have releases without compiler too, for example "codeblocks-17.12-nosetup.zip". By the way, the default compiler in the release build is obsolete. Consider to use MinGW-w64.

oBFusCATed:
zed: Why do you care if there are .a files or not?

zed:
Because they are garbage for almost all users.

oBFusCATed:
@zed: So, what? As a user why do they matter? Most of the project templates, lexers, compilers are not useful to most users, but we provide them. Should we use the same logic for them? I don't like to see them in a folder I rarely open is not a valid argument. If you don't need them just delete them. We cannot please all users, unfortunately.

Currently it is extremely hard to develop and ship plugins for C::B. The addition of .a files is one step in making this process easier!
If we are going to put the .dll files in the archive, why don't we just keep the .a files? (We still need to provide the cb includes, wx include and .a files to finish this job, but it will happen really soon hopefully)

@killerbot: I'm fine if you add the .dll files in the night builds. If you ask me it will be best if we can even build full installers, but this is up to you.  8)

raynebc:
Downloading three compressed files, moving them into a new folder and unzipping them is not difficult.  Downloading and launching a nightly takes less than a minute unless you have potato internet/computer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version