Author Topic: Keybinder v2 notes/problems  (Read 58542 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Keybinder v2 notes/problems
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 09:08:49 pm »
Another problem I've discovered is that a v2 file saved with wx28 build doesn't work on wx313 build on linux. I've tried relatively recent build. Please let me know if you need more details.

I cannot duplicate this error on Windows; nor on Linux Mint19 using wxWidgets 3.1.3 .

I suspect your .config/codeblocks directory already contains a [personality].cbKeybinder20.conf file.
In which case neither [personality].cbKeybinder10.ini nor ancient cbKeybinder10.ini will be scanned for key definitions.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 09:11:02 pm by Pecan »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2019, 09:43:06 am »
Yes, I'm migrating from v2 to v2, but for some reason the file generated by v2.wx28 doesn't work correctly with v2.wx31.
I've custom keybindings - ctrl-shift-f for view -> focus thread search is an example.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2019, 07:06:43 pm »
Yes, I'm migrating from v2 to v2, but for some reason the file generated by v2.wx28 doesn't work correctly with v2.wx31.
I've custom keybindings - ctrl-shift-f for view -> focus thread search is an example.

I cannot test this since ThreadSearch will not run with head.
I get asserts when CB loads ThreadSearch.

Why would anybody be building head with wx28. I thought we were dropping wx28.

Do you mean that you are attempting to use  (copy)[profile].cbKeyBinder20.conf build by wx28 on CodeBlocks built by wx31?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:36:24 pm by Pecan »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2019, 08:33:56 pm »
I have a centos7 build which is wx28. This is my regular build I use every day. It is not the latest version, but it is pretty new.
I want to migrate to wx3.x and I'm experimenting with a centos7 build which is using wx3.1.3.
This means that I was using wx28 for some time, then I've installed the new build which is now wx3.1.3 and I've discovered this breakage.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2019, 10:04:17 pm »
I have a centos7 build which is wx28. This is my regular build I use every day. It is not the latest version, but it is pretty new.
I want to migrate to wx3.x and I'm experimenting with a centos7 build which is using wx3.1.3.
This means that I was using wx28 for some time, then I've installed the new build which is now wx3.1.3 and I've discovered this breakage.

@oBFusCATed

I'm having trouble creating this situation. I must be mis-understanding.

Could you give me the exact steps to cause this problem, starting with:
  • 1 ) the orginal Codeblocks SVNversion# + wxVersion that created the original keybinder file.
  • 2) The new Codeblocks SVNversion# + wxVersion that you are now using that does not correctly translate the keybinder file made by #1 above.
  • 3) can you attach the original keybinder file that is causing the problem
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 10:06:59 pm by Pecan »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2019, 12:51:19 am »
1. no idea
2. 11925 probably
3. not possible before next year :)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2020, 02:08:13 pm »
Today I've had the ctrl-w stop working and tried to rectify the situation, but then I've got this message "KeyBinding file corrupted. Please delete". What should I delete?

See the attached config file.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 02:11:11 pm by oBFusCATed »

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 09:05:21 pm »
Today I've had the ctrl-w stop working and tried to rectify the situation, but then I've got this message "KeyBinding file corrupted. Please delete". What should I delete?

You must be using an old version of keybinder. That event was fixed a few revision ago.
That message does not exist anymore.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:02:43 pm by Pecan »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2020, 08:24:13 pm »
I don't remember, there is a chance I might have used a build from the release-20.xx branch.
Could you do some test with such a build and tell me if I've picked all required commits?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2020, 05:30:06 pm »

You must be using an old version of keybinder. That event was fixed a few revision ago.

I've been able to re-create this problem. Am now working on it.
It's caused by using a <personality>.cbKeyBinder20.conf file from one build on a different build. The menu id's don't match.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 07:51:23 pm »

I've been able to re-create this problem. Am now working on it.
It's caused by using a <personality>.cbKeyBinder20.conf file from one build on a different build. The menu id's don't match.

Fixed SVN 11974

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2020, 08:29:32 pm »
Is there any reason you're storing random numerical ids?
Isn't it possible to use the menu item label (before translation) as an identifier instead?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2020, 06:09:44 pm »
Is there any reason you're storing random numerical ids?
Isn't it possible to use the menu item label (before translation) as an identifier instead?

Numerical id's are used by tradition from the original KeyBinder code suggested to me in 2005. And they're also used by the code from CodeLite.

I'll look into the possiblity of using only the Menu tree paths instead.

But that, I think, will take a lot of time. Duplicate menu labels and translated menu labels will cause many problems to solve.

To use menu labels will require a rewrite.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2020, 11:25:32 pm »
For the record, today I've upgraded to this version and I've seen zero problems. I'll wait a day or two and the last un-picked keybinder commits are going to the release branch. 8)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2020, 11:38:29 am »
I've lost all my shortcuts again. I'm on 11979.
See the config file attached.

Does the plugin logs when it fails to set a shortcut? I don't see any error/warning messages.