Author Topic: The 10 June 2019 build (11730) is out.  (Read 32454 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: The 10 June 2019 build (11730) is out.
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2019, 08:45:18 am »
Why don't you just start cb from cb under a debugger? You've already built it, so it should work just fine. Just press debug -> start.

Without callstacks/backtraces I cannot tell you anything.

wx-master is the master branch of wxWidgets, you can find it on github.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2019, 06:12:12 pm »
@oBFusCATed
How do I start cb from cb under a debugger?  Menu Debug->Start/Continue in 11742 is grayed-out. I've never attached to a running process before with cb. Are you suggesting to use Windbg, KD or NTTSD to attach to a running version of cb?

What do i select from the master branch of wxWidgets on github? I have gotten the binaries and source of the different library versions directly from wxWidgets.org (probably from github).

Regards

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2019, 07:02:10 pm »
git clone ... wx-master; cd build-folder; run the build command. I suppose this is the way to do it.

And yes, I suggest to use cb to debug cb. Are you able to debug simple projects with cb? If not you have to setup a debugger in both Settings -> Debugger and Settings-> Compiler -> Toolchain executables -> Debugger.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2019, 07:46:01 pm »
@oBFusCATed
I haven't debugged anything with cb yet.  The Debugger has both gdb and cdb debuggers defined, but the Compiler hasn't selected one yet.  The info you provided gives me a place to start.  Also, the info with regards to github helps.

Thanks

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2019, 08:34:08 pm »
@oBFusCATed
Thanks for your previous responses.

I've gotten the debuggers attached to cb, but am unable to attach a running process of cb without locking my system.  I can attach cb to Windbg without an issue.

The issue with the asserts showing up on startup of 11742.  I suspect it was caused by the way that I was updating the new versions of source.  I hadn't been clearing out the obj or dev directories. It's no longer an issue.

wxWidgets' Github master branch contains 3.1.3, which I recently discovered.  Before that, I tried 3.1.1 but it didn't build dlls because of a cast issue, which wxWidgets says has been fixed in 3.1.3 but not 3.1.1.  So therefore, I rebuilt 3.1.2, which I'll use until I build 3.1.3.

Regards,

Frank

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2019, 05:38:05 pm »
@oBFusCATed
My last reply about the wxWidgets libraries was incorrect.  wxWidgets' confirmed that they update include\wx\version.h, on their github master branch, to point to the next version number as soon as the previous version is released. That branch still contains wx3.1.2. wx3.1.3 still hasn't been released! Sorry!

Regards