Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

Declaration of Intent

<< < (2/3) > >>

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: billus on March 15, 2019, 08:47:24 pm ---Care to share any insight on how the macOS build became so broken?

--- End quote ---
Because there isn't a single developer using it daily. So bugs aren't getting reported and fixed. Also the state of wxWidgets on macOS doesn't help, but it is the smaller problem.

--- Quote from: billus on March 15, 2019, 08:47:24 pm ---The reception I received from the Boost.ORG folks was considerably warmer.

--- End quote ---
Sorry as I've said it is not intentional. I guess my soft skills are severely lacking.

killerbot:

--- Quote ---My first focus there is getting macOS to build against the latest source release.
--- End quote ---

It would indeed be nice, to check if our sources build ok (it seems they do), how well they do (amount of warnings) and use it on macOS. Fact is today, we are all developers either on linux or windows.

And if we can squash bugs in that area, we can try to have in the next version again a mac port. That would be great I think.

Krice:

--- Quote from: billus on March 15, 2019, 08:47:24 pm ---It's not about whether you're able to stop me from trying to improve code::Blocks. I could always fork or start a new project, but I'd rather work together.
--- End quote ---

Why can't you fork it? Seems like you need to do something. Then do it. I think one of the reasons why C::B is so unstable is wxwidgets... but this is only a theory.

stahta01:
One way to get your CMake build system adopted would be to add the creation of CB building projects via the CMake build system; the devs already maintains two build systems auto/make and CB build files.
So, I can see them not wishing to add a third. But, if your CMake system works great on MacOS and it can be used to update the CB Projects files, I could see them accepting it.

Tim S.

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: Krice on March 22, 2019, 08:29:24 am ---I think one of the reasons why C::B is so unstable is wxwidgets... but this is only a theory.

--- End quote ---
What do you mean by unstable? If you're seeing crashes which aren't fixed in trunk, please report them either in the forum or on the bug tracker. If you don't report them I doubt they would be fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version