Author Topic: installation not working  (Read 2417 times)

Offline rajith

• Single posting newcomer
installation not working
« on: March 13, 2019, 02:34:39 pm »
Hi, i just installed CB for preparing fortran programs, i have used it long back when it was ver 13. Now i installed the v17 on my 64 bit win10. i am getting error about the compiler. i am attaching the screenshots here. if anyone could help me, great help

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: installation not working
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 02:53:53 pm »
The error is about "GNU GCC Compiler" and not about "GNU Fortran Compiler". You have to select GNU GCC Compiler in the selected compiler combobox. Then inspect if all settings are correct.

I don't know if this is really a problem if you want to build fortran only programs.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline rajith

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 03:13:56 pm »
hello, I wish to use this for fortran programming. shouldn't it remain as GNU Fortran compiler as in my screenshot

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 08:19:55 pm »
I don't think it matters. This dialog controls the settings for various compilers.
Just make a project and select the fortran compiler as the project/targets compiler.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]