Author Topic: Help needed to create an apptication that runs without codeblocks  (Read 4113 times)

tejasnot2

Hi,
I recently built an application using code::blocks and an API called SFML and linked it's .dll files to the .exe file dynamically(copy-pasting dll files to debug and release folders) the program compiles and runs perfectly but I want it to run as an application that is independent of code::blocks.

I have seen other forums and posts but they had different issues. Also i don't mind static or dynamic linking.

When I run the .exe file i get dll missing errors. I even tried downloading the .dll files separately from 3rd party websites but that did not work either (entry point errors).
Somebody please help me.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Help needed to create an apptication that runs without codeblocks
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 06:26:47 pm »
You must deploy your application with the same DLL used when developing (basically a copy of the release folder, as you put the DLL inside).

You can also put these DLL in the system path, but then you can easily end in DLL hell.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Help needed to create an apptication that runs without codeblocks
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 06:42:40 pm »
use the dependencywalker to search for the dlls you need and provide them with your exe http://www.dependencywalker.com/