Author Topic: Small error in projectmanagerui  (Read 7446 times)

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
Small error in projectmanagerui
« on: January 28, 2019, 04:33:21 pm »
When an opened project is modified outside C::B a warning message is displayed. But the text displayed is only "Project", no name, ...
This is done at line 2700 in projectmanagerui.cpp. If I replace prj->GetFilename().c_str() by prj->GetTitle().wx_str(), the message is better, giving now the correct name. Nevertheless, it's not enough because the message has 2 lines (the second one add information for the action to be done), and only one is displayed. I don't know where to modify this !

gd_on
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:45:02 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Small error in projectmanagerui
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 05:27:37 pm »
The dialog uses a wxStaticLabel, but this control does not recognize LF as a line breaker. It can be forced to wrap when a given width is exceded; to get this you must call the Wrap method of the control.

You can test modifying the code in confirmreplacedlg.cpp:38 from

Code
    XRCCTRL(*this, "lblMessage", wxStaticText)->SetLabel(label);
    this->SetEscapeId(XRCID("btnCancel"));

to (untested)

Code
    XRCCTRL(*this, "lblMessage", wxStaticText)->SetLabel(label);
    XRCCTRL(*this, "lblMessage", wxStaticText)->Wrap((GetWidth()*9)/10);
    this->SetEscapeId(XRCID("btnCancel"));

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 07:09:28 pm »
Tested but it does not work.
First, the GetWidth is not seen (declared out of the scope). Compiler suggests to use GetMinWidth.
I tried like that, but even with a full rebuild (because I think it affects sdk), I see only the first line.
I have also tried to delete the \n in the string, but the line is now truncated and the end of the string is missing. :(

gd_on
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 07:41:09 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 07:16:49 pm »
Sorry. The width value should be get using

Code
int Width, Height;
GetClientSize(&Width, &Height);

May be the sizer doesn't let the label grow vertically.