Author Topic: The 10 february 2006 build is out.  (Read 16618 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 10 february 2006 build is out.
« on: February 10, 2006, 11:31:01 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml
A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.7z
For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb.7z

The 10 February 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_10feb2006_rev1981_win32.7z
  - Linux : not supported yet

Resolved Fixed:

• Updated all windows project files
  • Don't show message "Can't open workspace" for the default workspace, if it doesn't exist
  • Fixed a typo in debugger configuration dialog (patch #1426347)
  • Remove fixed sample.dll name from dll template, will be <project_name>.dll now
  • Adjusted "Find in Files" progress dialog placement(patch #1426347)
  • Updated URLs in "start here" page
  • Updated URL in bug-report shortcut
  • Patch #816 : replace macro with const int
  • Fixed syntax highlighting not working for newly created files (new created files have no highlight style)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• DDE bug : clicking in windows explorer on a CB registered file throws an error message box
  • toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 10 february 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 11:59:16 pm »
Dead link ;)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 12:10:42 am »
nope, it's alive (well now it is).
Friday night is damn Norton AntiVirus scan night --> the build took me way longer to create then normal, therefor this time the gap between the post and the uplink was way higher. And in my account I could not pause the nav scan (use linux style , regular accounts on winXP : no admin ...).

Note to self : next time : log out : log in as admin : pause scan, log back in regular ...

Extra note to self : fuck Winblows with all the viruses ...., use a safe OS, no need for NAV then ...

Offline mmebane

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 12:19:07 am »
You should get NOD32. Much, much faster than Norton.

sethjackson

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 12:28:28 am »
I compiled rev 1981 which is this build, and unfortunately I still have the syntax highlighting problem (new created files have no highlight style).  :P Can anyone confirm? Maybe I forgot to run update.bat.  :lol:

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 12:40:40 am »
I built revision 1981 and the first time I ran update.bat it didn't update the old version. I'mn't sure if I had the one from output running. Anyway, I just removed the output folder and ran update.bat again and this time I got revision 1981 which hasn't the highlighting problem.

sethjackson

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 12:42:38 am »
I built revision 1981 and the first time I ran update.bat it didn't update the old version. I'mn't sure if I had the one from output running. Anyway, I just removed the output folder and ran update.bat again and this time I got revision 1981 which hasn't the highlighting problem.

Odd maybe that happend to me too.  :P I'll check it out soon. So you do not have the highlighting bug I presume?

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 01:25:13 am »
Quote from: sethjackson
So you do not have the highlighting bug I presume?

Right.

BTW, I just noticed it today when I needed to create a new project and new files for it using revision 1954 :)

Nice to see it got fixed when I needed it to :P

Offline Acki

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 02:20:47 am »
Hi,
great work !!! :)

But I have a little problem with the download...
Well, I got the download, but only by my browser (Firefox)...
And it doesn't seem to support resuming the download...

So I want to download by GetRight, but I always get an error like "access forbidden" !!!

Now, could you make the download accessable for GetRight, please !?!?! ;)

CU, Acki

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 02:25:37 am »
I don't have GetRight handy to try it, but you could also check DownThemAll (plugin for Firefox) which supports resuming, multi-part downloading and blah blah blah. Just tried with dTa and works fine.

Offline Acki

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 04:18:07 pm »
I have a really usefull addition for the nightly's !!!

If you have a namespace or function with many sub ietems (functions, comments,...), it' really boreing that if you unfold it all folding inside are unfolding, too !!!
I set the option to fold all on opening file.
If I open the file all is folded.
Then I open the namespace (or class, etc.) and all childs will be unfold automatically and I have to fold them manually again... :(

So, for the folding it would be great, if there are two options:
"Fold all other" and "Unfold all other" !!!

Or maybe a bette (simpler) solution:
If you unfold a namespace or function, all foldings inside should not unfold automatically !!! :)

davereid20

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 06:56:58 pm »
I'm still having problems with this download. Both IE and Firefox report that "The connection was reset," and the Berlios download page still reports that there have been zero downloads. In fact, the same thing happens for any downloads from Berlios. Maybe it's them. Anyone know what's up?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 06:59:10 pm by davereid20 »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 07:11:33 pm »
I have noticed that the download stats are probably updated only once a day or something. The next day, that number is always different from 0.  ;-)

davereid20

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2006, 07:31:07 pm »
I have noticed that the download stats are probably updated only once a day or something. The next day, that number is always different from 0.  ;-)

Ah, that would definately explain that! :) I guess I'll just wait and try again later for downloading anything CodeBlocks from Berlios.

Max

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2006, 09:22:31 am »
Hi,

Since two days I am not able to download anything from berlios. It seems that the site is not
responding. I see that some lucky  :D people dowloaded the latest nightly build.
I tried to dowload something from

http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5358&release_id=8532

but the answer is always the same "timeout"  or "page removed" error.

bye

Max