Author Topic: C::B EOF?  (Read 14569 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: C::B EOF?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 06:01:05 pm »
If you only have a 32 bit windows OS, I suggest learning how to self-build Code::Blocks or find another IDE to use.
Why are you so aggressive?

I too find sharp replies to other users disturbing. A caring "lighter keyboard" feels so much more appropriate and appreciated.

(I, however, admit having been guilty of hostility in my younger past.)   
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:03:15 pm by Pecan »

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 10:19:47 am »
CB_20171209_rev11246_win64
CB_20190101_rev11544_win64
298 problems are solved between 09/12/2017 and 01/01/2019.
One problem per day nearly.
This is a great job.
I appreciate the efforts of CB Development Team.
Thank you very much.

I second this. The work being done is greatly appreciated.
One official release per year (approximately) is fine. With the fairly frequent nightly builds in-between we have the best of both worlds.

Thank you to the team!

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 01:18:58 pm »
Giving him a warning is not aggressive; or do you think the next release for windows will include a 32 bit C::B IDE?
If you ask me - it will, but I'm not the one making the builds, so we will see.
OK, have noticed your warning, but the fact nightly builds have no compiler included is even a biger problem for me.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 01:45:55 pm »
Installing most compilers is straightforward, and you can choose whatever compiler you are comfortable with.

If you are going to use wxWidgets here is the list of compilers they support (TDM-GCC is mostly abandoned):

https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/blob/master/docs/msw/install.md

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 02:58:46 pm »
Installing most compilers is straightforward, and you can choose whatever compiler you are comfortable with.

If you are going to use wxWidgets here is the list of compilers they support (TDM-GCC is mostly abandoned):

https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/blob/master/docs/msw/install.md
I know, but making compiler worck with the IDE is really hard worck, at least for me, so I prefer IDE with included compiler.

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2019, 05:51:57 pm »
I properly installed MinGW and C::B nightly builds automatically detect it every single time.

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2019, 05:33:51 pm »
So any chance to see the new CodeBlocks version this year? I mean that nightly build stuff is just something for hardcore CB users.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 05:43:59 pm »
So any chance to see the new CodeBlocks version this year? I mean that nightly build stuff is just something for hardcore CB users.

No, it is for people who wish to help this project improve.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2019, 03:34:59 pm »

Tim S.
Sorry but can´t completly agrre, it´s not enough to wish to do something, you need to have some skills in doing it and not everibody is familiar with that compiler, linker and build stuff.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2019, 04:35:12 pm »

Tim S.
Sorry but can´t completly agrre, it´s not enough to wish to do something, you need to have some skills in doing it and not everibody is familiar with that compiler, linker and build stuff.

So, you do not know enough to report bugs unless you are familiar with that compiler, linker and build stuff? I strongly disagree.

Tim S.

C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2019, 01:46:04 pm »

Tim S.

So, you do not know enough to report bugs unless you are familiar with that compiler, linker and build stuff? I strongly disagree.

Tim S.
OK, I could report bugs without that knowledge, but many of them would be nor real ones. Simple example, nightly build have no compiler, so if I try to compile my code, will defenetly get problems, which I could then report as bug, but it´s none. There are reasons why for most tools not everyone can bekome alpha tester and nightly build is just an alpha version.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 04:00:53 pm by gtafan »

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 07:47:34 pm »
CodeBlocks is not following a traditional release cycle, it's more like a continuous delivery approach. At some random point in time someone increases the version number, creates all these packages (including the ones with a compiler which might even be harmful if that compiler gets installed in a private fashion, prevents you from using that compiler update infrastructure) and calls it release. These are just my observations, i dont want to hurt anyone if there is another approach :).

Im not even using nightlies, i am building CodeBlocks myself. Usually trunk is in a usable state, check the log and don't create your own "release" when you spot dangerous changes that might cause issues. I am doing this not only with CodeBlocks but some other open source applications and even libraries i ship with our applications for many years, usually this works very well, only a few times i grabbed a bad revision that broke something ;D

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2019, 04:09:33 pm »
CodeBlocks is not following a traditional release cycle, it's more like a continuous delivery approach. At some random point in time someone increases the version number, creates all these packages (including the ones with a compiler which might even be harmful if that compiler gets installed in a private fashion, prevents you from using that compiler update infrastructure) and calls it release. These are just my observations, i dont want to hurt anyone if there is another approach :).

Im not even using nightlies, i am building CodeBlocks myself. Usually trunk is in a usable state, check the log and don't create your own "release" when you spot dangerous changes that might cause issues. I am doing this not only with CodeBlocks but some other open source applications and even libraries i ship with our applications for many years, usually this works very well, only a few times i grabbed a bad revision that broke something ;D
You are linux user, right? All linux users, I know, tallk similar stuff as you, I respect this opinion, but have a diferent, to be more precise oposite, one.