Author Topic: Some bug when opening the external file in the code::blocks installed in ubuntu.  (Read 2863 times)

Offline fat

• Single posting newcomer
I always open the external file in code::blocks.
After I modified the file without saving it right now, and return to edit a cpp file, and then when I switch to edit the external file again, something wrong had happened.
Whatever I type in, there was no response. The file editor for the external file had no response. But when I save the file, I found that what I type in become effective.
It means that, when I modify a external file, and switch to edit other file, I have to save the external file which I modified just now so that I can edit it next time.
I found that this bug just happened in Ubuntu, including and not limited to Ubuntu 16.04, 18.10.
Lots of version of code::blocks have this bug, including and not limited to codeblocks 16.10, 17.12.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Can you record this on a video, because I'm not really sure what the problem is?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
I always open the external file in code::blocks.
After I modified the file without saving it right now, and return to edit a cpp file, and then when I switch to edit the external file again, something wrong had happened.
Whatever I type in, there was no response. The file editor for the external file had no response. But when I save the file, I found that what I type in become effective.
It means that, when I modify a external file, and switch to edit other file, I have to save the external file which I modified just now so that I can edit it next time.
I found that this bug just happened in Ubuntu, including and not limited to Ubuntu 16.04, 18.10.
Lots of version of code::blocks have this bug, including and not limited to codeblocks 16.10, 17.12.

Could this be similar to this problem?
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,22918.0.html

Offline fat

• Single posting newcomer
I found that after I reboot the system for several times, the bug didn't appear no longer.
This bug may happen when I install the code::blocks before restart the operator system.