User forums > Embedded development

Question on cbSystemView - an SVD plugin

<< < (6/6)

jimbo:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on November 27, 2018, 11:36:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: jimbo on November 27, 2018, 07:50:43 pm ---Started to get the hang, but have had this codeblocks crash, which I suspect is unconnected with the plugin.

--- Code: ---[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
codeblocks: ../../src/xcb_io.c:259: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
--- End code ---

Should I report it elsewhere, the tracker?

--- End quote ---

This seems quite strange... Does the whole desktop environment hangs? Have you tried to deactivate the file browser plugin?

--- End quote ---

It actually crashed out to the desktop rather than hanging, but this is a debug build, which probably makes behaviour change under these circumstances.

oBFusCATed:
If this is repeatable, please start codeblocks under gdb and post a backtrace.

jimbo:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on November 27, 2018, 11:32:17 pm ---
--- Quote ---hilst reading through the plugin code, come across a class, svPGPeripheryProp
--- End quote ---
the idea of the name was:

--- Code: ---sv........... for System Viewer (plugin name)
PG .......... for Property Grid, so it has something to do with the property grid part of the code
Periphery ... for the Periphery in the hardware, like ADC module, or I/O module. I do not know if this is correct english, but i think so...
Prop ........ for PROPerty. A property is a entry in the property grid that gives data, provides controls ecc.

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

In English, devices like ADC's are called peripherals, because they are on the periphery (around the outside) of the system. So I reckon it could be either in this case.

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---Would you object to me making changes to this code, then submitting to your github as PR's for code review? One thing I have already done is run it through `astyle` to make it conform more closely to the Codeblocks coding standard.
--- End quote ---
Ofc, i would be happy if there are any improvements. Sadly i am a bit busy the next weeks but i will try to find some time... Just try to split them in small changes per commit..

--- End quote ---

Will do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version