User forums > Embedded development

Question on cbSystemView - an SVD plugin

<< < (4/6) > >>

jimbo:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on November 26, 2018, 06:53:57 pm ---Something is wrong with your install. Probably C::B is loading plugins from two places and in both of them you have the same plugins.

If you've not passed a non-default prefix to configure it is a good idea to do so. It will make it a lot easier to clean up your install and start over.

--- End quote ---

OK, will rebuild with a different prefix, sounds like that should keepo the test versions away from the standard install?

Thanks.

oBFusCATed:
Yes, if you mix them you'll suffer quite a bit. Also it is possible to build codeblocks with codeblocks and also it is possible to setup the external plugin to also work with this version.

jimbo:
Thanks, the prefix hint has helped enormously.

I now have the plugin sort of working in a recent nightly. Getting some seg faults in some places due to lack of error checking, so have added that.

Quick generic question about plugins and the dev cycle though since I am now at the point of altering the plugin code.

I am building the plugin in codeblocks itself, this results in a directory containng the cbplugin file and the zip file. This is where I originally installe the plugin from. On a rebuild of the plugin, where should I copy those to to update the code blocks installation (which I have in a directory in my home directory as specified by --prefix). When the plugin was originally installed it must have copied the zip file to ~/codeblocks_install/share/codeblocks, but I do not know what it did with the matching cbplugin file? Or indeed its contents. Currently reading the plugin docs to try and find the best procedure for development here.

BlueHazzard:
There should be a target called "to_codeblocks" there the plugin will get installed automatically to codeblocks. The ".cbplugin" file is an archive that can be installed via Plugins->Plugin manager->install

jimbo:
Ah Ha, presumably I need to alter the post build step to zip up to my specific codeblocks directory (as per --prefix)?]

EDIT: Ah, no, its uses the (#cb) thinkg to find it! Cool! thanks.

EDIT2: But there does seem to be an extra devel30 in there....remove?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version