Author Topic: Debug "mode" for Profiler  (Read 2907 times)

Offline C:B_newbie

• Multiple posting newcomer
Debug "mode" for Profiler
« on: September 12, 2018, 11:10:11 pm »
Greetings,

is anyone familiar with the Very Sleepy profiler on a Windows system?

If I let it sample over my C++ application (run from Code Blocks), it can not list the runtime of each function called within the application (it only shows cryptic code like [oxff293983] with some runtime percentage and time next to it).

In a tutorial, it is said that, after stopping the sampling, the profiler will not only show the function calls but also a visual display of the runtime "hot spots" with corresponding lines in the source code, "provided the profiled exetubale file contains debug information with reference to the source code file".

How do I make sure the last part is fulfilled? Do I have to manually execute the program with the command prompt?

Regards

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Debug "mode" for Profiler
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 01:01:52 am »
Open project build options
1. enable debug info
2. make sure the strip option is not enabled

And also make sure that this profiler understands the debug info generated by your compiler (mingw on windows is not compatible with vc++)...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Debug "mode" for Profiler
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 03:27:15 am »
And also make sure that this profiler understands the debug info generated by your compiler (mingw on windows is not compatible with vc++)...
Sleepy profiler should be ok with most mingw code. I have used it to profile codeblocks some time ago. Sleepy profiler had some problems with some self compiled dlls, but i never figured out what the trouble was..