Author Topic: I'm leaving...  (Read 34269 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
I'm leaving...
« on: February 08, 2006, 04:09:09 am »
Hey all. Sorry to inform you about this, but I'm leaving.

After taking my week of vacation, I realized I really don't have the time to keep working on C::B anymore. I get out of the job exhausted, and then I have other obligations to fulfill. Besides, in around 6 months i leave to become a missionaire and spread the gospel.

So, that leaves me with little time to enjoy my family and my closest friends. I hope you guys understand.

There are some requests i have for the group.

1. Please fix that "cancel button does not cancel" bug, it's IMHO one of the nastiest bugs in C::B, it's completely user-unfriendly. We need a way to store the temporary configurations and reject them.

2. The open files list needs to be put in a real project+directory tree like the project tree. Those long filenames get me dizzy :P

3. Code completion. It's IMHO the contribution that I feel most proud of, I applied all my knowledge in this, I really hope you enjoyed my changes. But there are some things that need to be completed, I will post about them in the CodeCompletion redesign forum.

Goodbye all, God bless! It's been an honor to work with you! :)

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: I'm leaving...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 04:48:04 am »
As an admirer of the hard work and dedication you've given, not only to Code::Blocks itself but to its community in general,

With sympathy, because my own priorities must leave me little time for coding,

Given new motivation to complete my own work in the parsing area,

I'll just say...

Vaya con Dios, hermano.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 05:52:46 am »
Thank you for all the work you have done rick.  I wish you luck on you mission trip, may god bless you wherever he takes you.  I also appreciate all the hard work you have done on the codecompletion plugin.

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 09:40:19 am »
Cool it looks like there are more christians here then I thought. :lol:
Rick, I think it is a good desicion (probably it is not correctly written :P) I hope you have a good time (good you keep me informed about you're mission work?)
Thanks  a lot for the contribution of very much things. And I know what it is to have not enough time (although I am still a student :lol:)
May the Lord bless you and keep you always in His hand...
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 10:48:50 am »
Hello Ricardo,

First let me thank you for what you have done not only as programmer, but as forum's administrator too.

Second, the code completion is really an amazing piece of software :D. You did a very good job.

Third, I wish you to spend a very good and relaxing time with your family and closest friends.

And fourth, I would like to wish you all the best for your missionaire work. May God bless you.

Best wishes and all the best,
Michael

PS.: Despite all, I hope to hear from you again (soon or later).

Offline jayatk

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 02:50:38 pm »
Rick,

What little experience I've had with C::B over these few weeks, I can still say you've done a fine job.  I'm impressed with how well the code completion is working.  Hopefully, someone can step up in your place and complete the code;) 

I pray that your mission will bring you closer to the Lord and make you more like Him every day.

Take care!

Offline orefa

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 06:57:35 pm »
Thank you for your good work Rick. Thousands of people have already benefited from your efforts and thousands to come will continue to do so. Your break (so to speak) is well deserved. Be well and thanks again.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 02:01:57 am »
Thank you rick for all your hard work, and the help you have provided myself, and others in the past.  You will be missed, but I completely understand.  Good luck with your missions work, and May God Richly Bless you in your future plans.  It would be nice to hear from you again sometime in the future.   :D

jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

takeshimiya

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 02:51:30 am »
Rick, you know we'll miss you.
I really wish you good luck with your current & future works.

Your contributions has been always apreciated, and I hope we'll see you at some point in the future. :)

Thanks for being part of this great community, it has been more than a full year.

Chipset

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 05:40:10 am »
Good luck, I know you don't know me but I'm thankful for all that work you've done  :(

Offline AkiraDev

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 10:16:44 am »
Thank you for everything you did to bring C::B so far, and good luck in your future endeavours.

Best wishes

K.I.L.E.R

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 01:37:06 pm »
Thank you for your contribution on making Code::Blocks a wonderful IDE.
I hope your future endeavours turn out great.
Good luck!

Offline heromyth

• http://
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 02:37:34 pm »
When you miss us, welcome back!

Offline squizzz

• Almost regular
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 06:21:28 pm »
Thank You.
Thank you for all the hard work and effort you've done.
Respect.

Good luck, and have a lot of fulfillment in your life. :)
this space is for rent

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 10:12:14 pm »
Rick,

A zillion thanks for all your contributions !!!
Good luck with your new future.

Lieven