Author Topic: how to install the latest version of codeblocks on ubuntu?  (Read 8815 times)

Offline wanggaoteng

• Multiple posting newcomer
how to install the latest version of codeblocks on ubuntu?
« on: June 20, 2018, 03:17:08 pm »
hi, i use "sudo apt-get install codeblocks " to install CB on ubuntu 18.04, after installing, i find that the version of CB on ubuntu is very old (CB 16.01), is there any way to install the latest version of CB on ubuntu?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: how to install the latest version of codeblocks on ubuntu?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 08:35:42 pm »
You can build a package manually if our download section doesn't provide packages for 18.04.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 11:54:04 pm »
And please report it to the maintainer of your linux distribution that there is a new release of codeblocks

You can build codeblocks pretty easy: https://github.com/bluehazzard/codeblocks_sf/wiki/build_linux_mint_18
if you find difficulties in this build instruction please report them...

Offline wanggaoteng

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 11:10:25 am »
And please report it to the maintainer of your linux distribution that there is a new release of codeblocks

You can build codeblocks pretty easy: https://github.com/bluehazzard/codeblocks_sf/wiki/build_linux_mint_18
if you find difficulties in this build instruction please report them...
Hi, thanks a lot. The link is very helpful and i build CB correctly according the step by step method.
Best regards. :D