Author Topic: Build on 2/5/06  (Read 15896 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Build on 2/5/06
« on: February 06, 2006, 02:00:47 am »
   I was attempting to do my first Unicode build of the contrib plugins workspace, and the linker was unable to find the Unicode library for the Key Binder Plugin.

I looked at the directories under the linker and what it is currently:

$(#WX.lib)\gcc_dll

shouldn't it be:

$(#WX.lib)\gcc_dll$(WX_CFG)

I compiled C::B fine in Unicode build.  Keybinder is the only one that can't seem to find the library.  I think it is because the others include the WX_CFG variable.  I keep my wxWidgets Unicode library build under $(#WX.lib)\gcc_dllu (& $(#WX.lib)\gcc_dllu\mswu).

On a side note, did the update batch file get updated to include the new Editor & Environment dialog graphics?  The reason I ask is because I saw the graphics when I ran a previous build I did (ansi) in the build directory, and now it can't load the graphics since I copied the "updated" stuff to my development (not stable) C::B directory.  It doesn't effect the performance--stuff compiles.  It just brings up an annoying message telling me it can't load the images.

Thank you, and keep up the good work.

jmccay
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 02:05:26 am by jmccay »

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
Re: Build on 2/5/06
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 12:58:34 pm »
I thought the WX_CFG variable was removed when it was determined to not offer any necessary options to the build. Just build wxWidgets like this:

Code
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 01:07:10 pm »
everything should be updated. For every nightly build, all plug-ins are also build. And they seem to work. ;-)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 02:46:46 am »
Actually, I can compile wxWidgets fine.  Sorry, I should have specified that I was talking about building Code::Blocks.  In the project, there is a variable WX_CFG in most of the pluggins--except keybinder, and that is the one I can't compile.  Does anyone else have the WX_CFG variable in some of there pluggins?

jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 03:10:26 am »
Okay, I just compiled revision 1594 in Unicode mode.  I successfully compiled the key binder pluggin by replacing:

$(#WX.lib)\gcc_dll

with:

$(#WX.lib)\gcc_dll$(WX_CFG)

under the linker directories tab.  This doesn't make a difference if you have your wxWidgets Unicode libraries in gcc_dll, but I have mine in gcc_dllu.  This is why I use WX_CFG (set to u).  In the contibpluggins workspace, the keybinder plugin is the only project missing that variable in the linker directories.

Does anyone else have the WX_CFG variable in their directories?  If it has been removed?  Do I have an older copied?

I should note that the icons are back.

jmccay
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 03:29:15 am by jmccay »