Author Topic: console output in 'Logs & others'  (Read 3929 times)

AgeBee

console output in 'Logs & others'
« on: April 02, 2018, 08:56:06 pm »
Hi,
I installed Code::Blocks 17.12 with the help of codeblocks_17.12-1_amd64_stable.tar.xz on Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia (kernel 4.13.0-37-generic).
Now I want all output of my programs (meaning all couts) go to a tab within Logs & others. The trouble I have is that currently the output of a running program starts a terminal with the following settings in Settings -> Environment -> General Settings:

Shell to run command in: /bin/sh -c
Terminal to launch console programs: konsole -e

With xterm -T $TITLE -e as 'Terminal to launch console programs:' nothing happens and I get the following error:

Failed to execute terminal command: 'xterm -T 'Program Console' -e sleep 80002515' (exit code: -1)

I do not see any output while debugging a program.

How can I configure Code::Blocks to get all the output in a console within the Logs & Others section ?
Must I install xterm for that ?

Thank you

Regards
Harald

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: console output in 'Logs & others'
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 09:03:15 pm »
Terminal to launch console programs: konsole -e
Do you have konsole installed on your system?
What is your native terminal emulation program?

How can I configure Code::Blocks to get all the output in a console within the Logs & Others section ?

You cannot. Code::Blocks doesn't do this, because it is a crossplatform program and integrating a terminal inside it on major OSes is a challenge.
If anyone is interested patches are welcome. :) (but must work at least on windows and linux).

Must I install xterm for that ?
Only if you want to use xterm. Code::Blocks supports many terminals.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]