User forums > Help

CodeBlocks starts really slow

<< < (2/2)

stdstringclass:
No, no - Compiler itself works fine - when it finally starts up :)

We are talking about fire it up. When You want the application to start. On my computer I have to wait a bit less than 2min.

You just click in icon in Windows named Codeblock and wait...wait...wait...after 2min Codeblocks appears and then You can work normally.

How fast can You start it on Your computer?

BlueHazzard:
20 sec, but i have some failed plugins that take some time...

Ok, now that we finally know what is going on, lets work on the problem.
First step to try is to open codeblocks go to menu Plugins->Manage plugins->Select all plugins from the list (you can select the first, then press shift key and select the last, to select all)->Disable
Restart codeblocks and look if it is still slow.

If it is not slow, you can make a bisection search for the plugin that slows codeblocks down.
For this enable the first half of the plugins and start codeblocks again. If it is still fast, disable the plugins again.
Then repeat the algorithm with the second half. Disable the half plugins of the half that slows down codeblocks. This goes on until one plugin is left. At the end you should have a plugin that is the culprit from the slow down.

If codeblocks starts also slow without plugins we have to make things a bit more complicated...

Pecan:

--- Quote from: stdstringclass on March 25, 2023, 11:21:50 pm ---No, no - Compiler itself works fine - when it finally starts up :)

We are talking about fire it up. When You want the application to start. On my computer I have to wait a bit less than 2min.

You just click in icon in Windows named Codeblock and wait...wait...wait...after 2min Codeblocks appears and then You can work normally.

How fast can You start it on Your computer?

--- End quote ---

He still has not told us what OS he's running, has he?
I had the same problem on both Win 10 and Win 11. But the fix was different for each.

Please, what OS are you running?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version