User forums > Help

CodeBlocks starts really slow

(1/2) > >>

TDL3:
CodeBlocks initially runs perfectly on my system until recently it starting to become really slow, after some investigation I found out that CodeBlocks will run as a background process and do nothing
at first, after about 20 - 30 secends it will starts to run just like normal.
This problem has happened for quite some time and it got my attention recently while I need to use it frequently.

BlueHazzard:
operating system?
Codeblocks version?
Source of installation file?
Edit:
what do you mean by "slow"? Long start-up time? Slow UI? Slow compiling? Slow dialog loading? Please describe as detailed as possible...
What have you done to your system since it is so slow? Updated Anti-Virus? Updated windows? Updated the compiler? Have you tried to deactivate Anti Virus?

stdstringclass:
BlueHazzard, I have the same issue.

It runs very slowly. There is no communicates, and everything works fine, but after clicking the icon I have to wait 1 min and 48 sec on i7 and super fast SSD 7mb/s :)))

Pecan:

--- Quote from: stdstringclass on March 25, 2023, 07:22:25 pm ---BlueHazzard, I have the same issue.

It runs very slowly. There is no communicates, and everything works fine, but after clicking the icon I have to wait 1 min and 48 sec on i7 and super fast SSD 7mb/s :)))

--- End quote ---

What OS are you using?

BlueHazzard:

--- Quote ---BlueHazzard, I have the same issue.
--- End quote ---
And you absolutely do not add any information i requested from the original poster....  How should we suppose to help if we have 0 information?

--- Quote ---It runs very slowly.
--- End quote ---
What runs slow? Codeblocks? Your program? Compiling?

--- Quote ---There is no communicates, and everything works fine,
--- End quote ---
What works fine? What does "no communicate" mean in this context? Codeblocks? your program? The compiler?

--- Quote ---but after clicking the icon I have to wait 1 min and 48 sec on i7 and super fast SSD 7mb/s :)))
--- End quote ---
What icon? You have to whait for what? Codeblocks starting? The compiler finishing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version