Author Topic: QtWorkbench plugin  (Read 231989 times)

Offline yop

• Regular
Re: QtWorkbench plugin
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2006, 12:05:24 am »
EDIT2: Trying to rebuild results in "mingw32-make.exe: *** No rule to make target `cleansub-Debug'.  Stop."
Each of the targets you create must be in a seperate directory having the same name as the target. Not my fault, blame qmake ;) If you want to generate a debug build use the QMake Project Options menu entry. Another funny thing is that the generated "targets" in the Makefile are named sub-<actual target name>. Again not my fault, blame qmake.
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Offline mmebane

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2006, 11:14:22 pm »
No, it doesn't, you have to recompile Qt yourself in debug mode.
You should have a shortcut in "Start Menu" under Qt called "Qt 4.1.4 (Build Debug Libraries)".

My one contains this:
Starting dir: C:\Qt\4.1.4
Command: %COMSPEC% /k "C:\Qt\4.1.4\bin\qtvars.bat compile_debug"

I hope this helps... ;-)

Heh, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks!

EDIT2: Trying to rebuild results in "mingw32-make.exe: *** No rule to make target `cleansub-Debug'.  Stop."
Each of the targets you create must be in a seperate directory having the same name as the target. Not my fault, blame qmake ;) If you want to generate a debug build use the QMake Project Options menu entry. Another funny thing is that the generated "targets" in the Makefile are named sub-<actual target name>. Again not my fault, blame qmake.

I have Code::Blocks set to the standard "Debug" target. I am using the QtWorkbench -> QMake - Rebuild menu item, and Code::Blocks is giving me that message. Is something just screwed up with my system setup?

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2006, 12:31:26 pm »
I have Code::Blocks set to the standard "Debug" target. I am using the QtWorkbench -> QMake - Rebuild menu item, and Code::Blocks is giving me that message. Is something just screwed up with my system setup?
QMake as I use it creates a "top level" .pro file with subdir entries that match your targets. QMake generated Makefiles do not provide (AFAIK) a clean target for the subdir targets. Secondly go to the make options tab of you codeblocks project (nothing to do with QtWorkbench) and see the make options, you'll see that for cleaning a target it has the command "make clean<target>" (no space between clean and target) and that causes the error you see. My suggestion is to change this to "make clean" (will rebuild all targets for your project).

Offline mmebane

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2006, 03:17:05 am »
I had to enable the custom makefile first, but that worked. Thanks for putting up with me. :)

Daemon

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2006, 05:41:34 pm »
Nice idea, but where is attachment from head post? I found only sources at http://tiwag.cb.googlepages.com/home, but binary…

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2006, 07:39:18 pm »
Nice idea, but where is attachment from head post? I found only sources at http://tiwag.cb.googlepages.com/home, but binary…

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=615.msg29529#msg29529

I never uploaded a binary release, only the sources.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2006, 08:59:42 am »
...again (due to the API changes) this plugin is unfortunately broken. Any chance to get a new version?
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2006, 09:04:09 am »
...again (due to the API changes) this plugin is unfortunately broken. Any chance to get a new version?
i had already a look on it, but i have to get familiar with the new API first ...
i removed the download from my google pages for now ...

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2006, 03:17:28 pm »
With regards, Morten.
I was planning a short trip in the weekend but I won't finally make it. So I guess I 'll have a look at it.

zasta

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2006, 12:10:15 pm »
I would test QtWorkbench plugin. Where can I download it?

Zasta

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2006, 07:18:28 pm »
QtWorkbench is currently broken (due to the latest C::B API changes). When I have some time (I was away on a business trip the last few days) I will take a look at it and you will be informed from this thread.

Kayl

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2006, 09:35:50 am »
May I ask a stupid question ?

QT workbench seems to be broken due to API changes in the latest versions, that's why we can't download it.
But hasn't it been built against the 1.02 RC of C::B ? Would it be possible to have a compiled version (at least for windows  :lol:) that works with the 1.0 RC2 ?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 09:47:18 am by Kayl »

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2006, 03:01:11 pm »
RC2 was released on October 2005, the first post on this thread that shows when I started this plugin is dated February 2006 and was based on the svn sources. So no QtWorkbench for the RC2 release, sorry...

P.S. Are you sure you could live with RC2 now that you know the features of the nightbuilds?
P.S.2 I am really busy these days (just returned from holidays so everything is just left behind at work waiting for my attention), so I haven't looked at the new API. I hope I have some free time to take a look at it.

fleuba

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2006, 08:34:57 am »
Hello Yop,

I'm a user of CB and Qt. I've read all the post of this thread about your great plugin.
Did you have time to take a look at the new API and try making your plugin compile and run ?

If you need some help, perhaps one of my developers could help you.
Just keep us informed on this thread, and thank you for your contribution.

Fred

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2006, 01:23:49 pm »
Thanks for your nice words and I 'm sorry it took me so long to reply (I 've been busy). As you can imagine I didn't have much time and probably won't for quite a while. I 've released the latest sources in http://code.google.com/p/qtworkbench/ so whoever is intrested or has some free time can take a look at them. This is the best I can do for now, sorry...