Author Topic: How to setup nightly build  (Read 6282 times)

Offline etko

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Homepage
How to setup nightly build
« on: February 04, 2006, 10:19:54 pm »
I've downloaded cb rc2 then the cb mentieoned in nightly developers thread. I simply unpacked contents of nightly package over the install. Cb loads but complains about some string func not exportetd in cb dll is this right behavior?

How i am suppoesed to install nightly?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: How to setup nightly build
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 10:24:34 pm »
This error occurs because you have remaining plugins from RC2 which are not compatible with the current codeblocks.dll.

Go to the plugins folder and look at file creation dates, delete all "old" ones.

EDIT:
Sorry, I did not answer your question "How i am suppoesed to install nightly?" at all...

The correct way to install it is to
- either unpack the archive to a new folder and install MinGW separately
- or unpack to the RC2 folder (if you want to keep the compiler) after deleting the application, the dll, and the shared folder
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 10:27:26 pm by thomas »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 10:26:40 pm »
There is enough of a difference between RC2 and the nightly builds that it would probably be better to uninstall RC2 and delete everything from the directory you installed to before extracting the nightly build. To run a nightly build, you need to have MinGW or the compiler of your choice installed (if not MinGW, then make sure you get mingwm10.dll), and you need the nightly build .7z as well as the wxWidgets Unicode DLL (links to both are in each nightly build announcement). Just extract them both to the same directory.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 10:32:10 pm »
(if not MinGW, then make sure you get mingwm10.dll)
Not strictly necessary. Although recommended, you do not absolutely need this. All that dll does is create RPTs on an application crash, and there should be no other side effect if you don't have it.

If you want to do a 100% clean install as TDragon proposed, you will find all you need to know about how to install MinGW here: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=MinGW_installation
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 11:13:56 pm »
Not strictly necessary. Although recommended, you do not absolutely need this. All that dll does is create RPTs on an application crash, and there should be no other side effect if you don't have it.

Thomas, mingwm10.dll is needed. It is needed by any mingw-application that uses threads.
You probably confused it with exchndl.dll which is for backtraces :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 01:22:20 am »
Duh... you're right. Sorry. :oops:

mayowa

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 01:18:39 pm »
Hi,
I have tried to delete the exe, dll and the share folder, but i still get the errors reported by etko in his initial post.

What am i doing wrong? :(

sethjackson

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 04:32:46 pm »
Umm DON'T uncompress a nightly over RC2.  :lol: Uncompress to a different folder, also I would uninstall RC2.

w2vy

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 03:08:26 pm »
If you want to do a 100% clean install as TDragon proposed, you will find all you need to know about how to install MinGW here: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=MinGW_installation

I would just like to provide "The Rest of the Story"...

The wiki steps are clear and easy for Mingw...

Next, take the Nightly Build and extract it to a new directory (C:/CodeBlocks)
then copy the mingwm10.dll from C:/Mingw/ to C:/CodeBlocks
then download and put wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.dll in C:/CodeBlocks
(See link on nightly build page)

Double click codeblocks.exe and it will set up the environment.
You will need to create any short cuts or Quick Start icons.
(Send to  desktop and drop an drag to Quick Start...)

tom
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 10:26:26 pm by w2vy »