Author Topic: default.conf  (Read 40669 times)

Offline pca_

• Multiple posting newcomer
default.conf
« on: March 07, 2018, 08:48:51 am »
Herllo, I been working non stop 3 days trying to get a dark theme on Codeblocks. There was no default.conf
file installed so I downloaded one from sourceforge. So I put in the thmes with cb_share.exe   The resulting default.conf
where should it be stored?  The directories I found to "usually" hold the default.conf does not exist on my windows install. (windows 10).  Would it be possible to set a env var to speicifiy where the default.conf is loadedf from?

By the way, registering here required the answer "2018" to the question "what is the next year?", wouldnt that be 2019 ..

Working with this is just generally half-broken, half-working? Not sure it is worth the effort.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: default.conf
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:53:47 am »
If you've run and closed codeblocks at least once you should have default.conf file.
Also as far as I know cb_share_config knows where your default conf is...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline pca_

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 10:13:53 am »
There is no default.conf file because I searched the entire drive for it, and when I start cb_share_config it is empty .. I re installed codeblocks three times and it is the same. I am giving up on this crap. Cant use an editor with a white background.

If you've run and closed codeblocks at least once you should have default.conf file.
Also as far as I know cb_share_config knows where your default conf is...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 10:19:47 am »
Default.conf is created the first time you start codeblocks.exe, but you need to make sure that it exits cleanly and doesn't crash!
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline pca_

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 10:31:46 am »

If you can tell me precisely in what directory it is created, then I will be able to check if what you are saying is accurate.

Default.conf is created the first time you start codeblocks.exe, but you need to make sure that it exits cleanly and doesn't crash!

Offline Quiss

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 11:13:25 am »
Check -  C:\Users\[[PC_NAME]]\AppData\Roaming\CodeBlocks

Offline pca_

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 11:35:50 am »
I dont have that directory .. Home dir is \Users\Cp  .. no Appdata or Roaming directories

Check -  C:\Users\[[PC_NAME]]\AppData\Roaming\CodeBlocks

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 01:30:46 pm »
then turn on show hidden and system files.

AppData is an essential windows folder. You have it, but it is hidden by default...

Offline pca_

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 03:29:34 pm »
Lol, yeah I found it just 3 minutes ago by typing cd %appdata% from the cmd, thats great.

then turn on show hidden and system files.

AppData is an essential windows folder. You have it, but it is hidden by default...

Offline Sahadat Husain

• Single posting newcomer
    • Latest Tech Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 11:04:23 am »
First of all you need to download code blocks dark theme. You can download 15 different code blocks dark themes from https://nextprotips.com/how-to-install-codeblocks-dark-theme.

>Open CodeBlock Share Config
>Browser Destination Configuration file which is on the right side.
>Select default.conf
>Browse the Source Configuration file which is on the left side.
>Select the downloaded theme.conf
>Tick all the checkboxes that appeared in the source configuration file, which is on the right side.
>Click on Transfer and then Save, and then Close.

Now open CodeBlocks, go to Settings>>Editor>>Syntax Highlighting, and then Color Themes.
Still, if you are confused then you can visit https://nextprotips.com/how-to-install-codeblocks-dark-theme to get a tutorial with screenshots and a video
Sahadat Husain

Online Commaster

• Almost regular
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2021, 12:24:29 pm »
-snip-
A recent screenshot of a 4 years old Code::Blocks in a 3 years old thread... Suspicious  ???

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2021, 04:43:32 pm »
This is the second topic he has posted this and once sf.net.