User forums > Using Code::Blocks

General dark theme (not only for editor)

(1/3) > >>

jleon:
Hello there
I'm a new CodeBlocks user. I followed the instructions given in  https://sangams.com.np/installing-codeblocks-dark-themes/ to change the Code::Blocks theme, but that only works for the editor window. Is it possible to set a theme for the whole environment e.g. menu bar,  Management panel, Logs & others, etc.? Something like KDevelop does:

Thanks in advance,

jleon

BlueHazzard:
No it is not possible, because codeblocks uses wxWidgets. wxWidgets uses as many default controls as possible and also the default colors. So if you change the windows theme also the controls in codeblocks will have the same color.

Maybe, if wxWidgets implements theme support, also codeblocks will add it....

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on February 09, 2018, 10:29:43 pm ---No it is not possible, because codeblocks uses wxWidgets. wxWidgets uses as many default controls as possible and also the default colors.

--- End quote ---
This is only true for windows/osx. On linux the gtk theme could be changed even per application.

jleon:
I'm using Linux. So I guess I could with some luck accomplish that. ¿How could I?

jleon

jleon:
By the way I already changed the Application Color Scheme in Colors-System Settings (openSUSE), and that's why KDevelop changed its theme. But Code::Blocks does not implement that change.

jleon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version