Author Topic: Linux Stability Issues  (Read 2810 times)

12oclocker

Linux Stability Issues
« on: January 21, 2018, 07:33:19 pm »
I have been using codeblocks for 6 years in windows, I had no major issues.
For the past year I have been using codeblocks in linux (bunsenlabs linux), and have had major stability issues with the UI and debugger.
(I have Symbols browser and code completion both already disabled.)
Problem is sometimes the UI freezes (normally when left unattended for about 5 minutes while I read some documents), and then I have to kill the process.
Another problem is sometimes when I start debugging, the UI freezes and I have to kill the process.
It has gotten so bad, I had to switch to KDevelop to finish work on my current project.
If anyone else has had a similar problem and knows the fix, please let me know. I really prefer to use codeblocks if possible.
Codeblocks version 16.01, Debian GNU/Linux 8 Kernel (BunsenLabs) (Symbols browser and code completion are both already disabled.)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Linux Stability Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 07:40:54 pm »
Have you tried the latest night build or even the newly release 17.12?
If you have and still see the problems it will be best to provide some backtraces from gdb.
Using them we can have a chance to investigate what is going on and hopefully fix the problems.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]