Author Topic: GCC options in MSVC templates  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Commodore64

• Multiple posting newcomer
GCC options in MSVC templates
« on: February 02, 2006, 09:38:59 am »
Hi, and congrats for your wonderful IDE.

I'm having a problem with project templates. I'm using nightly builds of C::B (it doesn't matter which one, my problem is persistent), MS Visual C++ toolkit 2003 as my default compiler.

When I create a new wxWidgets project (or a wxSmith project), the build options for that project get filled in with options that make sense only for GCC, like "-pipe -mthreads -Winvalid-pch -include "wx_pch.h" -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DUSE_PCH", many included libraries, etc.

Obviously, MSVC complains about that!

In order to be able to compile, I had to store my wxWidgets specific settings in the global compiler options, and delete all the project options every time I create a new project.

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
Re: GCC options in MSVC templates
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 11:46:05 am »

1. at the moment, the new wxWidgets projects are set up for gcc only, as you already discovered.

... I had to store my wxWidgets specific settings in the global compiler options, and delete all the project options every time I create a new project.
don't edit the global compiler settings,
edit the project settings to your needs and save this project (once it's setup properly for your compiler) as user-template,
which you can use the next time to create a new project.

Offline Commodore64

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: GCC options in MSVC templates
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 02:19:08 pm »
1. at the moment, the new wxWidgets projects are set up for gcc only, as you already discovered.
Glad to see you're aware of this  :wink:

don't edit the global compiler settings,
edit the project settings to your needs and save this project (once it's setup properly for your compiler) as user-template,
which you can use the next time to create a new project.
Wow, I didn't notice this feature... thanks a lot!